Cheap carving tools

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hey

I'm trying to find somewhere i can buy a folding saw, carving knife and crook knife cheaply so i can start making my own spoon, kuksa cup etc.Everywhere i look, with them all together always ends up being a bit too expensive for my own funds.

Also does anyone know of any good books which can guide you in woodcraft for making such bushcraft items

Cheers

Rob

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
A very good book is "swedish carving techniques" by Wille Sundqvist
Lots of useful traditional advice on tool selection, methods, how to cut safely etc. Very good on the foundational basics of carving, but not very many pattern examples.
You cant go wrong with Mora carving knives and spoon knives as a good starting point. They are good steel, reasonably priced and do the job

A very good book is "swedish carving techniques" by Wille Sundqvist
Lots of useful traditional advice on tool selection, methods, how to cut safely etc. Very good on the foundational basics of carving, but not very many pattern examples.

This is cripplingly expensive at the moment if you buy in English, I've been after a copy for ages but it's still around £120!

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
I wanted one for a long while, and eventually scored on ebay, new oldstock first edition, cost me about £70 all in. Couldnt believe my good fortune......:lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE