Cheap bag!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Just came across this bag , looks good for overnight stops or day hikes. Price is unbelievable. Anyone got one? Any good? For a tenner can I go wrong?

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
before you order, do a forum search for "surplus and adventure"
some members have had trouble ordering from them.
that aside, it's a decent rucksack for the price. a little heavy, but sturdy.
i have it's larger sibling the LK-70 and i rate it really highly

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
cheers mate, I think ill buy it. Got loads of bags but fancy something a bit old school, looks pretty bomb proof.

Yep - always check the postage! I have what appears to be a similar bag/frame. Mine is some old Swedish army issue from way back. Most of the time I use an old school bag that my grand-daughter discarded - and surprisingly it's lasted through lots of time outdoors and many miles.

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i have this bag and i love it, it may be a bit heavy but it is so strong, i also like the fact that you can seperate the bag and the frame so you can use the frame to carry firewood
leon

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
cheers all, bought the bag in the end. Had too buy and a swedish army trangia, a mess kit (£12.95 for both, bargain :)) and some gloves to justify the p&p. Is that false logic?! sigh... poor wallet :rolleyes:

pinty

Mar 24, 2006
London
copper_head said:
cheers all, bought the bag in the end. Had too buy and a swedish army trangia, a mess kit (£12.95 for both, bargain :)) and some gloves to justify the p&p. Is that false logic?! sigh... poor wallet :rolleyes:
Nice one Copper Head, let us know how you get on with the ruck. Just to add to what other people have said on here, I've bought twice from Surplus and Adventure and they've been quick in delivering. The only criticism I can make is that I recently bought a set of "NEW" French Army Surplus Mess Tins, which were clearly not "new". Only cost me 3 quid so am not that fussed though.

Also might be worth doing a forum search for "LK35" (what the ruck is properly called) someone else on here did a really good mod on the ruck where they replaced the harness completely.

The cord lock which comes with the LK35 is a clunky metal thing which isn't too handy, but can easily be swapped for a little plastic one.

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Robbo, the LK35's a snip at a tenner, surely you could sneak that past 'the all seeing eye' ;)

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Robbo,

The L35 is my weekend pack of choice.

Also it is huge, a Sabre 45 fits inside it.

Easy to modify as well if you want a decent waist band as I did with mine and I know Neil-1 did a fantastic job on his - check out his gallery pics there are couple of shots of it in there (or there were :) )

David

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
If you ask me.. Never buy from "Surplus and Adventure"!!! I dont know what other's have experienced with them, but I have one experience.. I had a major ordeal with them a year or two back. I spent £50 on their website and waited weeks for something to turn-up. I left it a month with no parcel in sight I contacted them with numerous emails and a letter, I had no response. For weeks I phone them every morning, sometimes they wouldnt pickup and when they did I would only get excuses and a few times they lied to me saying the refund will go back into your account in a day or two and it never did. It took me over half a year :eek: to sort it out and get a refund by which time I had already reported them too Trading Standards, so it was probably them who scared them into paying my £50 back, which I probably would have never recieved back :(

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
Some things tend to be out of stock from Surplus and Adventure but they do deliver eventually. My folding mug has a hole and I can;t get a return number from them :(

Otherwise they're ok.

Pablo

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
Yeah, I guessed that they will have served many customers normally in the past (to make it worthwhile still having their busniess online), but I can safely say they are not respectable business who pay any regard to the laws of trading and I would advise to avoid using them.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
pinty said:
The cord lock which comes with the LK35 is a clunky metal thing which isn't too handy, but can easily be swapped for a little plastic one.

Well, it is actually handy if you're wearing heavy mittens... Try to fiddle around with the plastic ones with oven mittens on, and you will get the picture ;)

(and I never seen one of those aluminium locks break, which plastic has a habit of doing)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE