Char Cloth

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 27, 2005
Suffolk
hi i am i complete novice inspired by bushcraft and i like the look of the char cloth tutorial sbut what is char cloth for?

Live By The River

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Hi Monkeyman,
Welcome to the forum.
Charcloth is used to light a fire in that it holds a glowing ember really well, having struck a spark or generated a coal by friction or other methods. Its all to do with our quest for producing fire and other things by using all natural materials, ie no lighters, matches etc.

ATB

Ogri the trog

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Not just flint and steel. It is great for spreading all forms of tiny heat. Also a great material to light with a magnifying glass, or use in a fire piston.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
M0nkeymann said:
hi i am i complete novice inspired by bushcraft and i like the look of the char cloth tutorial sbut what is char cloth for?

Live By The River

Hi there!

Charcloth is one of the easy ones! and very useful (But I wont bore you with what has already been said)

It was one of my first projects after looking on this forum and am still using the origional batch!!

Have fun

Sep 27, 2005
Suffolk
thanks for the tips and i'm really glad i found this site and thanks for everyone being so welcoming + friendly

giving the charcloth a go @ the weekend hoping it goes well

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE