Change member status to include makers market.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Edsmate

Oct 31, 2021
Dorset
As above, Mrs and I want to make some Bushcraft/Outdoors bits and bobs to sell.
Also if part of what we provide is ready build outdoor kits that Include mass manufactured items as well as our own products, Can we sell them in the makers market as opposed to the trade section?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
The rules for selling in the Makers Market say:
'This is a private, members-only forum for selling & trading personally made items with other members. The Makers Market has been provided so that hobbyist makers can sell the things they make, it is not for anyone that produces items in number. As a general rule more than say, 8 items a month will be classed as commercial and sales should go through the commercial sales forum.'

The blurb for a Maker's Plus membership says
  • ( Only for products made personally by yourself, if you buy in products to sell please take a Trader subscription)

So it looks like if you're planning on selling mass produced items then you need to become a trader.

Last edited:

Edsmate

Oct 31, 2021
Dorset
Right we are going to start slow as we trial a few designs and different materials so I think I still need to get access to the makers market until we can build a web site and all that jazz.

So to start again could I please ask how do I change/upgrade to be able to sell through the makers market?

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Right we are going to start slow as we trial a few designs and different materials so I think I still need to get access to the makers market until we can build a web site and all that jazz.

So to start again could I please ask how do I change/upgrade to be able to sell through the makers market?

as far as I can see just click on 'Gift Upgrade' under your Avatar and select Maker (£30) or Maker Plus (£60) :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
as far as I can see just click on 'Gift Upgrade' under your Avatar and select Maker (£30) or Maker Plus (£60) :)
You can't actually click on gift upgrade as it doesn't show for yourself. It's an option for others to gift you an upgrade which is why you can't see it under your own avatar.

But you can upgrade if you click on your screen name and select account upgrades :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE