Celtic knotwork pyrography (picheavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Excellent work, can I ask... what technique do you use? Is it the squares or the lines and crosses?

I've lost my pyography thingy, I think it's behind the tv, although I cant see it :(

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Excellent work, can I ask... what technique do you use? Is it the squares or the lines and crosses?

I've lost my pyography thingy, I think it's behind the tv, although I cant see it :(

I drew out a series of dots of squares in a diamond pattern, (as shown on a youtube tutorial I watched) then pencilled in a line to follow the pattern.
then with the knotwork I start in one corner with one cord over the other the other and take it from there.
For the knotwork on the front which goes in opposite directions I started in the middle with a pencil in both hands and brought it outwards. Im right handed but its easier to do it with both hands as they naturually mirror each other. Once the groundwork is laid its just a matter of filling it in with the firepen.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Fantastic work !!!

I have got a few bits of wood lying around, a small slab of cherry, smaller slab of maple, which if any use to you, you can have.

Cheers
Paul

Yes I could make use of those :) can they be posted? (ill pay)

Ben Trout

Nomad
Feb 19, 2006
Wiltshire, GB
Fantastic work. Way beyond anything I've ever managed. Must have been really satisfying to finish.

I quite like Knots 3D for getting my head around knotwork designs. I'm not the most artistically minded soul. No affiliation, free download.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE