Cat Cure?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
I'm struggling to stay civil about this subject matter so please excuse me!

This morning I stepped out of my front door on to our door mat to collect the milk then stepped back into the house, only to find that I put my foot in a steaming pile of cat poo which had been left on the door step by, I assume, next door neighbour's cat who snuggles on our door step mat when there's a storm blowing and she can't be bothered to let it in.

Now I've spent most of the day ranting about this, but I just can't bring myself to to have a word!

Are there any humane way's of getting shot of cats!

Pib

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
purchase as powerful a water pistol as you can find.

When you next see the cat in your garden, prefebly on the mat, let rip.

Montivagus

Nomad
Sep 7, 2006
gone
If there are I can´t be bothered to use them! Pet hate (excuse pun) The idea that somebody else´s cat appears to have the right to roam about my land fouling the place up and killing the wildlife there, without me having the slightest recourse to violently terminate such activity legally, makes me mad! If it hasn´t got a collar I assume it´s ferral and vermin. :banghead: :cussing: :bluThinki
:)

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
I would suggest posting their kitty's deposit back to them.

I have much love for cats, but like any domesticated animal if someone wants to own one, they should take responsibility for its actions and attempt to train it where and where not to poo and encourage it to bury its productions.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm with Montivagus - horrible little creatures. I suggest you hand back the leavings of the dirty creature every time it does it to the owner. If not in, you could of course leave it on their door for them to collect.

Red

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
yes if you posted it back through their letter box in a bag every time it done a number 2 on your land i think they would get the message and do something about it, maybe attach a note to the bag
leon

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
Well SWMBO took to flinging any she found in the cabbage patch over the fence with little effect it would seem.

May be a bit over the top but I've just done an ebay search for ex-military water canons with no joy :cool:

Pib

pibbleb said:
Are there any humane way's of getting shot of cats!

cat.jpg

:lmao:

Phil.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Get a cat of your own is the best way. I must say it sounds unusual for a cat to "go" on a mat - they normally like to bury their waste and are fairly clean. Try tiger poo, marketed as "silent roar" or maybe pepper dust? I think there's some sort of ultrasonic thing you can use too.

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
There was a huge storm here last night, also there was a huge hunk of bird in the mess so I'm assuming it may have not been feeling it's best! I just can't bring myself to get one, I really do dislike them!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Discouragement is the best way to go, & Tengu's idea works very well.
I agree it's very odd for cat to leave scat without any effort to bury it though.

It's illegal to post anything noxious, and that include cat sh1t, so don't go there or your neighbours could rightfully call the police.

If you can bring yourself to broach the subject with your neighbour, might I suggest that a bag of sand opened up in a discreet part of their garden would solve the problem. A bag of builders sand costs me £1.25 so it's not going to break the bank, and the cat ought to quickly find it suitable.

Cheers,
Toddy

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
I believe orange peel is a good deterant for cats, never tried it though, so you could experiment. Try leaving the peel on the mat in the evening and see how you get on.

I'm 95% certain its orange peel, but if not it must be lemons. One or the other. I have a big dog and she scares the hee bee jeebies out of the local cats so I don't have a problem with them.

Good luck, let us know if it works....ATB....Stu

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I saw a strange method once where water filled 1 litre pop bottles were left on the lawn which apparently scares cats away!! I don't know if this actually works or wethere they need to be clear bottles or if you can use green bottles, etc.

Failing that, breeze blocks tend to ward them off!!

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
sxmolloy said:
I believe orange peel is a good deterant for cats, never tried it though, so you could experiment. Try leaving the peel on the mat in the evening and see how you get on.

I'm 95% certain its orange peel, but if not it must be lemons. One or the other. I have a big dog and she scares the hee bee jeebies out of the local cats so I don't have a problem with them.

Good luck, let us know if it works....ATB....Stu

Here we go....I thought it was orange peel... http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/display.var.970040.0.keep_cats_away_with_orange_peel.php

http://www.recyclethis.co.uk/20060725/how-can-i-reuse-or-recycle-orange-peel

there is also a bit in this post that related to using orange peel for fire lighting

more here http://www.sedgefield.gov.uk/ccm/co...onid=FE175968158009B2398D1E8B19401190.tomcat1

and the search engine list http://search.msn.co.uk/results.aspx?q=orange+peel+cats&FORM=MSNH

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Roefisher said:
A fella I know was being troubled with cats. What he recommends is the following - A pair of elbow length gloves, a jar of French mustard and a lollypop.

Simply catch the cat whilst wearing these gloves, ram a good lollpop full of French mustard up it's rear and let it go. He guarantees that, whilst being totally harmless, you'll never see the animal again :rolleyes:

Mark

There are some very disturbed people out there.......I doubt I'd admit to knowing anyone who did this to any animal :yuck:
A cat has a brain the size of a walnut, if you can't outsmart it and all it's instinctive reactions without abuse, it's a sad day.

Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE