Carving knife case

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
A while a go I had a chat with Richard (Black Sheep) about him making up a case to hold my carving knives. I didn't really know exactly what I wanted but a couple of calls sorted out a rough idea of what was needed and I left the rest up too him. I did specifically ask him to put his makers stamp on the front as I kike it.

Anyway I received the case a couple of months ago and I promised that I would pop up a few pics when possible. This turned out to be longer than anticipated due to a hacker having a go at my mates server where my web space is and business customers coming first etc. So Richard, sorry for the delay.

DSCF2388.jpg

DSCF2389.jpg

DSCF2390.jpg

DSCF2391.jpg

The knives are a standard frosts 120 carver and 2 x Dave Budds spoon knives(1 tight curve, 1 more open) and a Dave Budd short straight carver.

The case is fantastic. All the knives fit snugly with no untoward movement but are simple to remove. He even labelled the back of the inner case so that I put them back in the correct position. There is a space behind the inner case so that various grades of sandpaper can be tucked in there, so it is all to hand.

The inner case can be removed and the outer used as a possibles pouch on its own.

So a big thank you from a very happy customer.

Cheers

Grebby

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
That's a really nice set you've got there Grebby, Rich did your knives proud with that case.

Any chance of another pic showing the back of the inner case?

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
That's a really nice set you've got there Grebby, Rich did your knives proud with that case.

Any chance of another pic showing the back of the inner case?

The case is fantastic:cool: My whole family went on holiday (log cabin/lodge on a site in the Forrest of Dean) a week or so ago and it meant that I could just chuck the whole lot into a bag and take it with me.
It turned out useful as my 2yr old nephew broke one of his plastic knives from a cook set and I knocked him up a replacement from a bit of beech that a groundsman was cutting down. The other half of the stick then got used to make him a stirring spoon.
I got to sit and whittle for a bit, and my nephew was happy as Larry with the presents.

I'll get a photo tomorrow when I don't need the flash as I can't get a decent pic at the mo.

Cheers

Grebby

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
More photos...

Sorry I'm not the best photographer:eek:
DSCF2568.jpg

DSCF2571.jpg

DSCF2572.jpg

DSCF2573.jpg

DSCF2575.jpg

DSCF2576.jpg

DSCF2580.jpg

DSCF2581.jpg

DSCF2582.jpg

Richard did say that it was "interesting" trying to work out how to securely hold the knives and be able to stitch the thing together but I'm very happy with his solution.

Cheers

Grebby

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE