carving knife, and sheath i have made.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i recently had a carving blank of duncan from woodland blades, and i have to say, that sharp is not a word to describe how this blank came, it could have split an atom, his grinds are exceptional, being an ocd in getting things perfect, i expect the same when i buy it, and duncan never lets me down, his stuff is top draw, and the consistency with every item you purchase of him is always the same, perfect.
here is the little carver i made, and the sheath to match, while the linseed oil was soaking in i popped of to the workshop and knocked up a quick sheath for it, as i could not leave it with out clothes:eek: the sheath only took half an hour so its not one of my mater pieces but it does the job.
i found an old piece of plastic liner in the bin, in me shop, and a piece of leather, and piece of brass rod, and made the end piece, i used to nails for the pins, and that has worked out great, never thought of using them before but i did not have pins to fit the holes in the tang of the blade.
the handle is a piece of oak that Duncan sent me, why people don't use oak that much i don't no, i think its a beautiful wood.

006 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

007 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

009 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

010 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

011 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

012 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

015 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

014 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

017 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

021 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

020 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
all comments are welcome
take3 care
lee.

outdoorpaddy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
Quite simply fantastic work, you may well be receiving a commission from me for something like that...
I love that style of sheath, really unique.
Outstanding work, as always.

outdoorpaddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE