Cartridge Cases

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Going to get a bit cheeky here, anyone got some USED shot gun cases they could send me, i want to have a go at making a match case like the one Big John made.

Thanks

Mark

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Thanks for all the offers, much appreciated.

I used to find hundreds when i was out walking, now i cant find any to save my life.

Will post a pic when i have made a couple.

Mark

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
maver said:
Thanks for all the offers, much appreciated.

I used to find hundreds when i was out walking, now i cant find any to save my life.

Will post a pic when i have made a couple.

Mark

still find plenty my way :rolleyes: i guess the shooters near you must have realised a shot gun isnt a lisence to litter :bluThinki

:cop:

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
The guns have to pick up the empties on our shoot, we've got a couple of bins full at the moment. If anyone else wants a few PM me with your name and address and I'll send some out next week.

Cheers

Mark

fiacha

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2005
Dublin, Ireland
not up to speed on the UK firearms laws, but over here you need to be licensed for a particular firearm before you can hold ammunition (including spent cases) for it.

might be worth looking into this before you post these out to people.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
fiacha said:
not up to speed on the UK firearms laws, but over here you need to be licensed for a particular firearm before you can hold ammunition (including spent cases) for it.

might be worth looking into this before you post these out to people.
Because spent cases are not licensed in the UK, they aren't subject to firearms regs at all.
It's possible to buy all the componants to make a bullet without a licence (with certain restrictions). However, when you put them all together in the correct way it is then covered and a licence is needed. Having said that the powder rules may have changed recently - I know the storage of them has...
This is technically the case but I think the circumstantial evidence would be quite difficult to argue if the police turned up a pile of reloading equipment in your house, even if they didn't find any complete ammo.

Cheers

Mark

Povarian

Forager
May 24, 2005
High Wycombe, Bucks
Buckshot said:
It's possible to buy all the componants to make a bullet without a licence (with certain restrictions).
Except for the explosive component which requires an explosives licence. Oh, and an RCA ticket if you want to transport the stuff, but I've never heard of anyone being asked to show that.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Povarian said:
Except for the explosive component which requires an explosives licence. Oh, and an RCA ticket if you want to transport the stuff, but I've never heard of anyone being asked to show that.
That's why I said with certain restrictions. ;)
But nitro powder isn't an explosive, it's classed as a propellant. Black powder is an explosive and requires extra licences to hold/ transport but Nitro is OK !
At least that was the case until april this year when the new storage rules came iinto play. Not sure if it was only storage it affected or if purchase of it was in there too. They now class nitro and black powder as 'shooter's powder' from a storage pov and rules are much more strict for the nitro stuff.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Just an observation - on the estuary I shoot, non-toxic shot is mandatory -even carrying lead cartridges is prohibited. You rarely see spent cases lying around, but when you do, they're usually lead.

thed

Sep 5, 2005
Way Down South
Still some empty cases ?
Id be happy to post you a big bag pre paid for postage depending on how many you mind jamming in there? Dont surpose you have access to spent brass aswell as I dont mind paying for it but the surplus stores are a ripoff to say the least, anything around the 9mm, 5.56, 7.62, 303 etc.

And before and before anyone asks its for jewellery ;)

fiacha

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2005
Dublin, Ireland
cheers buckshot.

it just came to mind, as there are currently a number of Irish target shooters in court facing fairly serious charges relating to spent brass that they were collecting.

Greywolf

Forager
Jun 5, 2005
East Riding of Yorkshire
Buckshot Pm on the way re; cases

I was thinking the metal part might make an interesting jewellery pendant, or perhaps buttons for a pouch or a million and one other things my mind has started to come up with :lmao:

Greywolf

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
thed said:
Still some empty cases ?
Id be happy to post you a big bag pre paid for postage depending on how many you mind jamming in there? Dont surpose you have access to spent brass aswell as I dont mind paying for it but the surplus stores are a ripoff to say the least, anything around the 9mm, 5.56, 7.62, 303 etc.

And before and before anyone asks its for jewellery ;)
Hmmm, I've got access to .22 LR and .308. Can probably dig out some of each.

If anyone hasn't sent me details of where to send this lot to PM me in the next few days and I'll sort out posting this out next week.

Cheers

Mark

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Jeff Wagner said:
I am able to provide the following cailbers: .22, 25 ACP, 32 ACP, .380, 357 mag, 40 S +W, 10mm, 44 mag, 45 LC, 22-250, 7mm Mauser, 30-30, 45/70.
Oh, to shoot proper handguns again - que Homer Simpson drewlling, hmmmmm handguns hmmmmm

thed

Sep 5, 2005
Way Down South
Jeff Wagner said:
I am able to provide the following cailbers: .22, 25 ACP, 32 ACP, .380, 357 mag, 40 S +W, 10mm, 44 mag, 45 LC, 22-250, 7mm Mauser, 30-30, 45/70.

Anyone with any experience of Customs and Excise? Cant find anything on the web.

USPS says its "arms and parts of arms", and I dont figure spent brass is arms or parts of arms. Any idea at postage costs?

thanks for everyone help on this.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE