Carrying your bush axe on your person....

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
Actually I carry it in case I need to smack a bunch of smarmy brits in their heads,since we have had to kick you out not once, but twice....and as far as carrying a gun. I do that as well. It is our second admemdment right that guarantees that we can keep and bear arms. Our founding fathers wrote that bit down after kicking the brits out the first time.
Since it seems to be a topic as well, I am licensed to carry a concealed hand gun.
Now if you would like to give me honest advice,as some of you have, I am all ears. If you want to offer up contrite and ignorant statements by all means have at it but do not think I am going to take umbrage either.

i'm assuming your second 'kicking out' was referring tho the war of 1812, in which case you are completely wrong. it was actually a case of us kicking you out, since the first hostile action of said war was an american invasion of canada (at the time british territory) led by a general william hull. be a dear next time you shout your mouth off and do some research

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
be a dear next time you shout your mouth off and do some research

My point about the acceptance / understanding of humor is bearing out.

Wattsy, mate, we do not need to go there. Our countries are strong allies now, forged in blood, no need for this. However, I would implore you to take your own advice and research the diplomatic reasons America declared war on Britian in the war of 1812.

Gordy

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Ok, for *me* the only uses I have for an axe when camping are cutting wood. Carving it, splitting it (for the fire), and rough shaping.

I'm sure there are some people who use an axe for skinning large animals, boning out, and chopping through ice. Not activities that are very common in the UK.

The OP may have other uses, but I'm not at all sure what they are. I am sure that discussion of concealed weapons permits is wildly off topic on a UK bushcrafting forum.

Not so wildly off topic if (as I suspect) those UK bushcrafters like to travel abroad.

Tjurved

Nomad
Mar 13, 2009
Sweden
I tend to carry my axe in my pack because I don't even use a belt and I aint got big enough pockets! I've heard that the perfect bushcraft axe should be about as long as your forearm so I guess this is perfect...

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I thought the OP's first post was reasonable, though, I would like to better understand the source of his paranoia...This thread has now evolved into the OP's "supposed" lack of ability to take humor. I know the "yard / meter stick of humor" means many different things to different people, but, from my perspective, the OP attempted humor. I thought the following was hilarious...

Maybe it was an attempt at humor Gordy. But even I see it more as an angry comment. Of course we do forget that this is a written form of communication with its limitations; difficult to understand voice inflection. Hopefully he'll come back and state his case.

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
And me! haha I don't think we were being overly mean just a little sarcastic, but hey, its a big world and if your gonna take it hard when it happens then perhaps he needs to add some salt to our comments:p:D

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi,
Made this one up for me some time ago, it can all be took apart so the mask can be used on its own.

336r.jpg

Topknot

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Our countries are strong allies now, forged in blood, no need for this. However, I would implore you to take your own advice and research the diplomatic reasons America declared war on Britian in the war of 1812.

Gordy

You didn't like the price we charged you for tea? :D

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Nah - we just did not like gangs of young toughs roaming the city, dressed for the woods and carrying small axes....... oh!
I wonder how they carried them....

:D :D Sweet:D :D

Either things have come full circle John or not much has changed since then. If I were to take a SWAG, I bet the method of carry was in or on the belt. :27:

Gordy

Last edited:

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
My point about the acceptance / understanding of humor is bearing out.

Wattsy, mate, we do not need to go there. Our countries are strong allies now, forged in blood, no need for this. However, I would implore you to take your own advice and research the diplomatic reasons America declared war on Britian in the war of 1812.

Gordy

you mean the stop and search laws that had already been repealed when war was declared?

Bucketosudz

Tenderfoot
Aug 23, 2010
UT-USA
Very Nice leatherwork TopKnot!! Question for you on the choice to have the head at the top of your shoulders, do you find while walking/hiking the weight of the head pulling or twisting the strap tightly agains your side? or trying to rotate on you body? Does my question make any sense....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE