carrying meths

Shade

Nomad
Oct 13, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Hi folks.
I was wondering if anyone had come up with anything ingenious to carry small amounts on meths in.
I quite often swap between using a billy on an open fire and my trangia setup depending on what I'm doing.

I've been looking round for a small cheap lightweight way to carry a small volume of meths - no more than say 100 to 150ml max.

Suggestions or experiences ? :D

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Hi folks.
I was wondering if anyone had come up with anything ingenious to carry small amounts on meths in.
I quite often swap between using a billy on an open fire and my trangia setup depending on what I'm doing.

I've been looking round for a small cheap lightweight way to carry a small volume of meths - no more than say 100 to 150ml max.

Suggestions or experiences ? :D

Simple, a 100-150ml plastic bottle with lid. That ingenious enough? lol

You can get them in packs with different sizes and lids that are good for various things.
http://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co...tic-containers-c42/coghlans-contain-alls-p192

That's how most people carry small amount of meths afaik. You can also get small bottles of energy shots or other things from supermarket and recycle bottle.

Last edited:

Shade

Nomad
Oct 13, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Must have been the quality of the ones I tried last time. Looked identical to the ones you suggest but the ones I had leaked if accidentally inverted.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Go to Boots or Tesco. They do small, empty bottles for taking shampoo abroad - often in triple packs. They are leak proof and ideal.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I use allsorts, usually an 8oz and 2oz bottles from Arrowhead in the US, or 100ml dropper bottles from ebay or Coghlans Contain-Alls. For bigger volumes the Capri-Sun foil pouches with screw tops are strong and lightweight, and they roll up smaller as you use the fuel.

Plenty of options on the supermarket shelves too, I always nick our lasses empty nail polish remover bottles, strong and light and made to take harsh chemicals.

I've got plenty of these types if you're struggling ..

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
I have a couple of the Swedish army meths bottles. 250ml each and I've not had a leak in the few years I've had them. LINKY

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Aldi do some pro-biotic yoghurt drinks in packs of 4. The 100ml screwcap bottles inside are the lightest I've yet found.

For a bomber bottle, the Nalgene's take some beating.

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
I use a medicine bottle that had one of the kids potions in it. The bottles the chemists use are really thick and heavy duty the size is just right for a good refill for a Trangia burner

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE