Canvas & Leather Axe Bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Hi...it's not as kool as a twodogs bush-shirt and it's not as complex as a fenna-bloke back-pack or as vast a job as a bilmo tarp, but i'm happy with my first decent project.

i made this axe bag first as its something i'll use myself...i've woods just round the corner and have often wanted a bag just to take my axe and nothing else....i have various bags but just for my small forest axe alone theyre either too big or too short....

so...15oz canvas....opening is folded over and stitched for extra strength....and theres an extra 'gusset'? at the bottom too for taking the wear from the axe head...stitched with gutermann upholstery thread on the 201-2 i re-wired, main seams all done twice....webbing straps have been sewn in about five times so should be strong as hell....quick release buckle and shoulder pad...leather-work by myself of course and a simple eye-letted-paracord closure...

the bag obviously needs to be this wide and long to cater for the g.b. s.f.a. and because of this fact the bag has quite a bit of space for other kit or another axe...

hope you like....i'm now going to make some more for sale,

regards

sonni

Last edited:

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
Amazing work sonni. looks lovely.

the only change I would make is a bit of leather trim around the opening, but that's personal preference as much as anything else.

Ste

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
There's a surprise Clouston being the first to see that! :lmao: Really nice bag that Angst. I think you'll sell a few of those. Do you know if it will take a folding bow saw perchance?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE