Canvas chimney section for military tents

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Thought this may be of interest to those of us that use military tents.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Canvas-Ch...re_HikingCamping_Tents_JN&hash=item232d27e85d

$(KGrHqN,!jEFCZdrPJ7IBQrMj,hp5!~~60_12.JPG

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Bilmo installed one in my winter tent, works nicely. The zip is a bit stiff with it being in storage for so long but it'll soon free up with use.

I think it was Twodogs who linked to them, just after I'd ordered something similar from the states for twice the price :rolleyes:

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
How do you sew through 2 layers of thick canvas? I fancy modifying my Baker tent.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
So long as you keep the fabric supplied to the machine so that it doesn't have to try and pull it itself, you should be ok. Take it easy and make sure you're only sewing the bits you intend to - it's all to easy to suddenly find you've sewn an extra bit in especially when changing direction and there seems to be clouds of cloth everywhere.

Dave, I think the black part is glass reinforced heat resistant rubber of some sort. The green parts are a proofed ripstop poly fabric very similar to the stuff the command post tents are made of.

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
There was definitely a rubbery smell on the first night I used it at Blindbeck

I've not looked at it for a while but I remember it has a woven look, with some lighter strands running through

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE