Canvas Berghaus Crusader

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
You got to have some narrow / skinny feet for Merrells. Looks like a camelbak sippy tube coming out from under that lid. Did you happen to notice if his hat had the obligatory OR logo?

Gordy

Roger that on the 'hydration system tube' but in 'civvy' blue so he looses points for that...

Unknown on the hat logo as it's not a Tilley he's not British or Canadian... But I like the way he has it sinched with the cord at the rear...

Yep lots of very flat wide feet here as we run around a lot with no shoes on. Merrell's last is quite narrow. I've been after some Merrell Sawtooths but they dont bring em in over here...:(

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Trip out to a fallen tree on a path leading up to a moor in the peak district last week. I used the crusader as a bag for climbing equipment. Very comfy.

100_5058.jpg

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Another fan of the ALICE here, great to use as a summer pack. Last year at the Wilderness Gathering there was a guy selling them for £10 a pop! Wish Id have picked up a couple now as quite a few members are after them.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Time for a couple of mods :)

One of the problems with the earlier Berghaus range is the waist belt is made for racing snakes so I made up this belt extention ,
Picture029.jpg

One of the things I want when I pack my bergen is all my days rations to hand after seeing a couple of handy pouchs on Neils vulcan at the weekend I went hunting for something similer :) The Dutch Military use a moduler vest with about five different size poochs fitted to suit there needs ...ideal for my needs to, theses as far as I know are the largest size , All my days cook kit in one , small eagle kettle ( when I get one ) trangia triangle , brew kit in one , the lunch food and snacks in the other :cool::cool:
Picture030.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Fitted with a snow lock for extra security ,
Picture027.jpg

Happy days
Twodogs

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
the waist belt is made for racing snakes

Because of this thread, I spent about two hours trying on civvy packs on Tuesday. Wow, some things have changed since I purchased my last large pack. Mind I haven't been able to carry weight over 25 lbs since 2000. I definetly noticed the "racing snake" trend. I reckon I could cut back my ration intake but it is not too dfficult to have some belt mods done. :nofeed: Heck, for most of the US issue rucks, you can purchase a waist extender for the belt.

All my days cook kit in one , small eagle kettle ( when I get one ) trangia triangle , brew kit in one , the lunch food and snacks in the other :cool::cool:

Bonus points for you Cliff. That is "old sweat" belt order indoctrination. :notworthy

Gordy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE