Canvas Bag Number 2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Hiya...finished this yesterday...same 15oz waterproof olive canvas as before...two 1-inch straps for closure and a large 2-inch wide strap with shoulder pad for carrying (stitched in at 45 degrees to make it hang nicely)...gutermann upholstery thread sewn on a singer 201-2....leather badge with my logo....a re-inforced gusset at the bottom which, on the back is open, to make a 'quick pocket' (shouldve made it a little deeper)....it measures about 11x17 inches and comfortably takes a 10cm billy, knife, gransfors wildlife hatchet and an osprey bottle with some room to spare...

have cut six more blanks to make for sale with a few changes/improvements....hope you like!

s

ps...i'm hoping bilmo/john/twodogs will tell me how to prevent stitching appearing un-even due to the fact that canvas weave is a pain in the butt and makes the needle jump in and out of its weave thus making a wonky line...really annoying!

Last edited:

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Try increasing your stitch length, Angst. Experiment with different lengths to see which gives you the best result.
I find that longer stitches work better in canvas

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
lol...youre right m8...i've just put the finishing touches to that orange gimp suit you wanted....you did want the studs on the INSIDE yes?

ta for that bilmo....this was stitched at 10 stitches per inch....

s

I bet you've used up all your straps and buckles for your more "select" clients... :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE