Can't give stuff away.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Husky

Nomad
Oct 22, 2008
Sweden, Småland
I have spent a lot of time this holiday sorting through all my belongings and getting rid of as much stuff as possible under the idea that if I do not use it and have not used it for a couple of years then I will never use it and it is just taking up space and time.
I threw away everything useless but sorted out some good or at least useful stuff to either sell or give away.
I thought I would give my excess bushcraft stuff to anyone here that is i a pinch but it turns out that sending a small package of a few kilos from sweden to britain by DHL costs more than if I was to take a day off, buy a plane ticket and deliver the stuff myself! Not to mention buy the stuff new in a shop.
Does anyone know the cheapest overseas freight alternative?

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
If your giving stuff away sir, maybe its only fair for the person on the receiving end to pay the postage. Depends what it is i suppose and how much the postage is which is what your saying really anyway so i'm just stating the obvious. Just ignore my ramblings, i'll get my coat.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
im guessing it would be your domestic postage service rather than courier. In the UK the Royal mail is about the cheapest international service although its still not cheap.

Very nice gesture though :)

jontok

Tenderfoot
Jul 2, 2009
Norway
im guessing it would be your domestic postage service rather than courier. In the UK the Royal mail is about the cheapest international service although its still not cheap.

Very nice gesture though :)
+1 on this.
Go to the postoffice. It's waaaay cheaper (at least from Norway)... If not, you can just send it to me. :D :D

Husky

Nomad
Oct 22, 2008
Sweden, Småland
Thanks!
I never look at domestic post any more because for in country delivery they are more expensive for worse service than DHL or similar companies.
The swedish postal service has, by getting rid of everything that was not the most profitable, turned themselves into an internet bank. Only very reluctantly do they handle such things as letters and packages.

Also, if I buy something on e-bay it is much cheaper to get it delivered from china than from the UK...

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Thanks!
I never look at domestic post any more because for in country delivery they are more expensive for worse service than DHL or similar companies.
The swedish postal service has, by getting rid of everything that was not the most profitable, turned themselves into an internet bank. Only very reluctantly do they handle such things as letters and packages.

Also, if I buy something on e-bay it is much cheaper to get it delivered from china than from the UK...

That sounds distressingly familiar.

Turnstone

Apr 9, 2013
Germany
Same here in Germany. As soon as the things you want to send weight more than a kilo it gets really expensive. Below 1 kg it is cheapest to send things as an international letter. In that case it doesn't have to be flat or in an envelope. Over 1 kg a small parcel without insurance is cheapest. Over 2 kg everything is really expensive...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE