cant decide!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bdshim

Forager
Sep 25, 2011
suffolk
im new on here but been into bushcraft for ages but want to get into more now as i really enjoy it, ive got a frost mora knife from a raymears course did years ago but wanting something new:D but can decide between these ive got a budget of £60

*condor bushlore http://www.heinnie.com/Knives/Condor-Knives/Condor-Bushlore-Knife/p-92-130-4941/
* finnish knife with 4" blade http://www.heinnie.com/Knives/Finnish-Wilderness/Finnish-Wilderness-Knives-Puukko/p-92-854-6231/
* enzo trapper in o1 but the blank blade http://www.heinnie.com/Knives/Enzo-Knives/Enzo-Knives-Trapper-Black-Micarta/p-92-756-6508/

* karesuando boar http://www.heinnie.com/Knives/Karesuando-Knives/Karesuando-Knives-Boar-Carbon/p-92-301-6884/

will be used for general bushcraft, but want it to last so any input on these or recomendations of other ones would be great :D
cheers
ben

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
condor knives are simple and cheap but very good value for money, the blades are tough and can be made really sharp. perfect for someone looking for a more 'traditional bushcraft' knife and they also come with brilliant sheaths!

the enzo trapper costs more but is infact very popular and I've heard some great things about their quality and performance.

I haven't heard much of the other two but they seem quite nice.

If it was me choosing from them I'd go for the condor as it's such great value for money and spend the remaining budget on some other stuff you may want or need.

let us know how you get on!

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Have a look at whats about used, some are sold by collectors having only cut a piece of paper, so have a good look round on here & BB, there are some good bargains to be had.

Rob

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
All look like good decent blades, karesuando looks nice but not to keen on the finger guard. Like the condor as it has potential but i think it would need a good sharpen and possibly re shape the handle.

bdshim

Forager
Sep 25, 2011
suffolk
thanks for the replys, the condor seems to be good for the price but just thought id ask people who know more than me lol, ive been keeping an eye in the forsale section on here and bb but no luck yet, i did miss an enzo trapper on here:(.
the handle on the condor dose look abit square but i dont mind a bit of work

bdshim

Forager
Sep 25, 2011
suffolk
i went for the condor in the end came yesterday, i read reviews where it said they were razor sharp from the box.... mine was far from, but after an hour and half on water stones was taking hairs off my arm:D, going to give it a proper testing tommorw:) i could do a mini review of it and post it up if anyone thinks it would be usefull?
ben

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
i went for the condor in the end came yesterday, i read reviews where it said they were razor sharp from the box.... mine was far from, but after an hour and half on water stones was taking hairs off my arm:D, going to give it a proper testing tommorw:) i could do a mini review of it and post it up if anyone thinks it would be usefull?
ben

it may have came blunt but it'll hold am good edge once it's on1

yeah make sure to show pictures and let us know what you think and like about it!

Nov 23, 2011
U.S.
Hi all,

Just my experience but getting a condor is sorta a crap shoot. They've had major QC issues in the past. They've improved in 2011 but there are still issues. I sent back two 2011 bushlores due to poor and uneven grinds before I got a third one that was okay. The sheaths are really nice. Overall, IMO, they are a good knife for the price if you can get a decent one to begin with. They are also made out of 1075, not 1095 steel, so they will rustier a little easier than 1095. I do like mine however and for $30 its a good deal.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE