Canoeing with my scouts (pic-heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DKW

Forager
Oct 6, 2008
Denmark
Hope i have put this in the right subforum.
Canoeing in Denmark. More specifik Grindsted River-Ansager River-Varde River, Going across Karlsgaarde Lake (for producing waterelekticity) and ending up at the sea at Ho Bugt.
Can easily be done in 2 days, however this was "just" a fun week with no greater scheme than having a good time, so it actually took us 5 days. :rolleyes:

Well. Better start at the beginning

First off, a pic of my MPSHV with MPSTD attached :D
Spejder&

all my scouts have never been canoeing before, so obviously there is a lot of "shouldn't do that" pics. heres the first series of such pics

meet up with the girlie-canoe, still facing the correct direction
DSC_8211.jpg

Now whats the point in paddling that way all of a sudden? (into the bank of the stream)
laugh.gif

DSC_8212.jpg

Lunch time
DSC_8224.jpg

the canoes
DSC_8225.jpg

My canoe
DSC_8230.jpg

Yet another mishap, due to panickattack combined with the usual nonexperienced standing up in a tilting canoe
DSC_8243.jpg

Still wondering how they managed to put the canoe on land, wedged in between the riverbank and a tree
huh.gif

DSC_8251.jpg

Scenery
DSC_8277.jpg

Yet another series of "shouldn't do that"

All going well, just need to keep going straight ahead, then youre in the clear
DSC_8284.jpg

huh.gif

DSC_8286.jpg

ohmy.gif

DSC_8287.jpg

Now how did they manage to end up there?
clueless.gif

DSC_8289.jpg

Ok. Stream has pinned you down. Now what
ninja.gif

DSC_8290.jpg

This is where i layed down my camera, yelled various words that are not very appropriate for a second or two.....And helped them out a bit. Mind you, that having a canoe put in place like that, pinned on both ends, and with the river pushing the side, is a almost foolproof way of getting wet and loosing equipment.

And guess what... It worked. They did listen:
DSC_8299.jpg

Scenery
DSC_8300.jpg

it was raining cats and dogs, so a shelter was a nice find. However we did improve on it a bit:
DSC_8315.jpg

DSC_8325.jpg

DSC_8341.jpg

I now go nowhere without my SS Billy can, a brass lengt of chain, and coffee. (Used to be Trangia and coffe) Billy can modified much like Waylands. Works like a charm!
DSC_8313.jpg

DSC_8346.jpg

DSC_8352.jpg

Making a fishtrap. Took me most of my sparetime, but it actually did work. And astonishing enough, we caught a fish using a piece of ham :laugh
DSC_8354.jpg

Playing with fire. It should have spelled out: Frie Fugle = Free birds (our troop name)
I guess theres a little pyromaniac somewhere in us all
win.gif

DSC_8359.jpg

Setting off early thursday morning, before the wind picks up
DSC_8382.jpg

DSC_8384.jpg

Well. Thats all folks Hope you enjoyed. I know i did
smily.gif

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE