Canoeing in Scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
I dont mean this to sound rude in any way possible, my dads asked me to ask what the price includes? and im just saying...thats irrelevant! we're going! :lmao:

Thanks

GlenM

Forager
Jan 11, 2006
Cornwall
Would it be any cheaper if I brought my own canoe and equipment ?
Otherwise i dont think I can afford it.

Glen

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
The idea is that it's straight forward for all concerned, if we start getting into selecting bits that we want or don't want to adjust the price it gets complicated and those running the course will never really know what they've going to end up with, they know their kit, that it's in good nick, and what they can expect from it and anyone using it.

GlenM

Forager
Jan 11, 2006
Cornwall
Completely understand the need to keep it as uncomplicated as possible.When I said I can't afford it I don't think its exspensive by any means, not when you compare it others it's just out of my budget.
I think I'll start saving for next year!!.......

Glen

alpha_centaur

Settler
Jan 2, 2006
Millport, Scotland
Completely understand the need to keep it as uncomplicated as possible.When I said I can't afford it I don't think its exspensive by any means, not when you compare it others it's just out of my budget.
I think I'll start saving for next year!!.......

Glen

I'm thinking if I can forage ALL my food from now till then I might be able to afford it, if not I'll see you there next year.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Guys.

We are making a start on the planning for the different trips.

Can you add your names below ONLY if you are seriously up for this trip. This trip needs 14 people by the 10th May to run

(To add: just click the quote button and then add your name to the quoted list)

Woody

list of interested people

Coln18

Machiavelli

May 21, 2009
Good Ole' Lancashire
Coln18
Roganspad
Machiavelli

Quick Question: I'm a poor swimmer and have never been in a canoe. Though I can certainly improve my swimming -- though I hope I wont need it -- for the trip, should I also look at receiving some basic instruction on the canoe?

Apr 15, 2010
West Yorkshire
hi - am interested - as last poster said - wanted to ask if this purely a canoeing exped or will we be learning / practicing any bushcraft skills along the way?

no worries either way - am still very interested and will know if i can come in the next few weeks.

great idea to organise these opportunities Tony - many thanks :You_Rock_

Last edited:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Sorry, missed a couple of posts there being away.

it's mostly canoeing with bushcraft there will be the opportunity of bushcraft practice and some instruction where it's needed.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Are we talking Loch Ness transit? Is it good at that time of year? I'm v interested just had to postpone an outer Hebrides exped next month.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE