Canoe picture

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Green Weasel

Tenderfoot
Jul 4, 2010
West Sussex
Hopefully there will be picture of my "economy" canoe sitting atop of the River Arun.
If not ,I've still not mastered posting pictures .
Hm still not mastered it . I have photobucket but clearly can't use it properly !.
I am an aging numpty not some young guy raised on technology and playstations .
Any advice welcome .

Last edited:

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
you still have not mastered it yet lol, use photo bucket mate, very easy to use i struggled for ages till i started using them.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Hopefully there will be picture of my "economy" canoe sitting atop of the River Arun.
If not ,I've still not mastered posting pictures .

IMGP8650.jpg

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
on the photo bucket page to the right of your pic look for img code, its the bottom of the code boxes, the copy that directly into your post.

hope that helps matey, craking pic by the way, i love that canoe!!

Green Weasel

Tenderfoot
Jul 4, 2010
West Sussex
Kind of you to say so . It does have several design faults/quirks but the only thing that cost any real money was the canvas. Most of the rest, from the paint to the wood ,was scrounged or scavenged. I'm on mk 2 now which will hopefully be a touch smaller, lighter and ,er, a bit straighter !.

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
nice canoe man -beauty !! Why do i have a yearning to paddle it down the yukon an fill it with beaver skins ??? It wouldn,t look out of place !!!

joely

Forager
Sep 27, 2010
York
Amazing :)
How long did it take to make?
I wouldn't worry about the techno stuff when you can make something like that! I know which I would rather be good at!

Joel

Green Weasel

Tenderfoot
Jul 4, 2010
West Sussex
Ha ,Nuggets,yes beaver skins .:D The first thing a mate said to me when I e-mailed him a picture of the finished canoe was that he now expected a few photos of me drifting down the Arun with a pack of mink skins aboard .

Joely. I made it over about a month . Sometimes settling -in for a couple of hours of serious construction and at other times just putting a couple of dowels in place whilst waiting for the kettle to boil .

I tried posting pictures a few months ago but failed:confused:. Apart from the low level of my craftsmanship there are a couple of issues with design. These stemmed from my mental image of what a canoe should look like rather than proper regard for practicality. All adds to the fun though . That's my excuse:eek: ....
The pic was taken yesterday on my favourite bit of river .

al21

Nomad
Aug 11, 2006
In a boat somewhere
Nice boat Green Weasel! Good photo too.

Be sure to let us see the MkII when she's finished. The Arun is a lovely river, but I'm too far from it to paddle it regularly now. you've brought back some good memories!

Cheers

Al

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE