Canoe building kit/plans HELP

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ntl19

Oct 13, 2014
suffolk
Hi everyone

A while ago I had my first attempt at making a boat and ended up with my much loved coracle.

But I really want something bigger and often find myself in a modern canoe when we take the scouts out. So my next project I want to complete is to build myself a bigger boat (canoe size)

I just wanted peoples inputs and advice, being a novice still would I be best starting with a kit like the one below or does anyone know of any gd plans I could follow/use as guidance, I just don't know where to start this time.

A kit canoe I have found
http://www.fyneboatkits.co.uk/kits/canoes/nymph/

If anyone has any recommendations for good kits, plans or advice I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
N

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
If you can find them Alan Bridges canoe patterns are superb.
I have built a superb Malamut canoe from these plans - easy to use - easy to build fantastic to paddle.
Sadly sold on and probably history by now but it lasted me many years of up to grade 3 paddling and guiding.
Check with folk on SoTP to see if you can still get them somewhere...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE