Canadian canoeing holiday

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm looking for some recommendations for canoe outfitters and guided trips in Canada, has anyone any experience of these trips ?

I'd like to be able to turn up and have everything supplied and spend the next few weeks enjoying the wilderness and camping under the stars.

The only company I know of really is Black Feather and that's from watching a DVD of a trip.

Bushcraft Expeditions would be my personal choice but unfortunately their scheduled trip doesn't fall in the school holidays, the wife's a teacher and can't take any other time off.

Just looking for some pointers really before I get to deep into it.

SBreen

Nov 23, 2009
Prague - CZ
Rich,
Did you post this in the wrong forum? Have a chat with either sk8r or Lloyd over on SOTP they might be able to point you in the right direction.I think Lloyd might even do some guiding himself.

Simon

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Rich,
Did you post this in the wrong forum? Have a chat with either sk8r or Lloyd over on SOTP they might be able to point you in the right direction.I think Lloyd might even do some guiding himself.

Simon

It's on all the forums mate :)

Just after some experiences and personal recommendations to start with then I'll do some more digging

Jan 28, 2010
ontario
Did you have a specific part of the country in mind? I'm just south of Algonquin Park, so I could feed you info on Central Ontario-Temagami-Georgian Bay.
If you've never tried Ontario, Algonquin Park is a great place to start...I'm taking most of July this year to do tripping in that area.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
I don't know the name of the outfitters, but my ex wife and i hire a canoe for one day at Lake Boron in mid BC (near Wells and Quesnel). It is a ring of lakes that take about 7 days to complete the circuit (depending on fitness). Absolutely beautiful area and, once i'm ensconsed in the land of the Maple leaf, it's one of my first planned trips! (passed Moose grazing, only 100mtrs away and saw an ospray fishing. How Cool!). The Holiday village seemed we rented the canoe from (for 1 day), seemed geared up for long term rentals as well.
Just to throw you an alternative idea, Hope you have fun. We loved It!!
Baggins

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Thanks chaps

Having visited BC and Alberta for our honeymoon it would be nice to head over that way again if possible. I think lazy rivers and lakes would be more suitable than the big white water runs.

I've heard lots of good things about Algonquin and I'd like to visit the area one day, any info on routes and trips around there would be great Silentpaddler

Jan 28, 2010
ontario
I'll throw a couple ideas at you, Rich; (shameless plug for Ontario, but the canoe trip experience in Ontario is really unlike anywhere else in the world because of the
number and proximity of lakes):

Wabakimi Provincial Park: The be all and end all of canoe trips. 9000 square km. 12000 lakes. The wildest piece of boreal forest you will ever see.

Killarney Provincial Park: Probably the most scenic park in Ontario. Lakes so clear you can see down 90 feet.

Some shots of Killarney:

SANY0190.jpg

SANY0144.jpg

kpa10014.jpg

kpa10051.jpg

SANY0044-1.jpg

SANY0124.jpg

The thing about canoeing in Ontario is the unique geography
that makes it possible to travel lake-to-lake for weeks at a
time; thousands of lakes connected to each other by portage
routes.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE