Can you id this jacket?

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
5,252
33
61
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
From the front cover of essential bushcraft (and bushcraft)...

jacket.jpg
 
Martyn the picture never came out but I'm assuming its the one thats green with a white lining worn by tmn man - if so if the Norrana military waterproof jacket.
 
Only when he got it and showed it off - it is supposedly pretty good, however I wouldnt say any better than your average top of the range waterproof - not cheap.
 
Thats it - £400 odd dollars? Whats that £200 odd - bahh get a Lowe alpine triple point there the best waterproof jackets on the market at present and cheaper.
 
I have been using Lowe Alpine kit for a fair few years and agree with Gary, for the cost you cannot get much better, but if you look about you can get a decent jacket for very little. I've plugged this place before, but once you have seen the cost on these jackets you will see why, hit the link see what you think :o):
 
Yep at the moment if you are no more than a Tolkienesque type character then you can get a good jacket for relatively little straight away, but if you phone them they do sometimes have bits which are not on the site.

They have also been known to put things aside for you when they come in, I was up there a couple of years ago and you would be truly surprised the amount of kit that is bought and replaced in a week.

Their stock is in a constant state of flux so sometimes it is worth giving them a ring. :-D
 
Leon

I love Gaynor sports I always go when I'm in ambleside. My only regret is that I can't buy all the stuff they have. Really good prices on brand outdoor stuff. You have to hunt the shelves the website doesn't list half their stuff does it.

Bill
 
I picked up a Norrona Recon jacket for £200 ish which was about the price being asked for a decent waterproof at the time. Its built like it should last and comes in 3 layer xcr gortex. The hood arrangement is one of the best I've seen, breathability and waterproofness have been excellent, plenty of large pockets and very well designed.However the list price of 582 Euro is obscene and if I had to pay RRP there is no way you could justify the cost over many other jackets on the market made to the same or similar spec. such as Lowe Alpine already mentioned. Like most of the Norrona gear, great stuff but you are paying Norweigen prices.
 
Now available on the Ray Mears website for £295 :shock:. A tad expensive but no doubt a very good jacket.
 
steve a said:
....Like most of the Norrona gear, great stuff but you are paying Norweigen prices.
The best :biggthump (and no, I'm not Norwegian although I live here), but Norwegian prices are real bad :cry: ..... but then you have an excuse for a trip to the island of Spitsbergen where you get a lot cheaper prices and no tax :o):
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE