'Can Fat Teens Hunt?' (TV Show of Course!)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
These fat people are only there as another form of modern reality entertainment. They choose the most fragile of people deliberately for these show. If its not fat people, its someone else with physical or mental health difficulties. Shame on reality TV.

Sadly, Reality TV seems to be the modern form of the "Christians and the Lions" in the Roman Arenas - pick someone who can't fight back properly and get (the majority?) of the viewers of TV to laugh at them - an indirect form of bullying. If you think such programs are wrong, why not do what Loz says

I wont be watching.

If the makers of these programs didn't get an audience, perhaps they might get the message that such 'entertainment' isn't wanted. Sadly, such programs do apparently attract large numbers of viewers.

Geoff (Old Grumps)

Oh Great,

Take more wasters on the trip/adventure of a lifetime for them to moan and complain and not appreciate anything they see or learn.

Loz
Have to say I watched some of the 'Fat men can't hunt' series and for the most part I've got to agree with you.
The attitudes of the folk taking part were far from being on the adventure of a life time (for the most part) and in some cases were down right insulting to their hosts (Bushmen).
Don't get me wrong it was fascinating to watch but very sad that most of those who took part in it seemed incapable of appreciating what a fantastic oppertunity and insight they were being given.
I reckon I'll look at the new series when it starts in the hope the participants buy into what they are experiencing and try to get the most from it, (optimism is good!)
Cheers Tim

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I don't think we are far away from paying to go into mental institutions and look at the patients again a popular pastime in Victorian Britain, as for the obese kids they are a product of a consumer sociaty we are constantly being brainwashed by that box in the corner of the room go large for a extra 30p how could they resist the more they eat the more money is generated you eat you pass it you eat some more great money making cycle its strange the health authorities are only starting to notice how much of the county is clinical obese we are constantly being programed to buy buy buy regardless if we can afford it rant over:banghead:

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
It's the problem, isn't it, these programs tend to portrait people in a certain way. We only see the people carefully selected to create "entertainment".. I don't put all young people in the same bag because I have 2 children in the late teens and I know quite a few of their friends and few behave in this way.
I agree, TV programs like this do edit parts to fit stereotypes, and TV is very influencial on today's society, people are influenced by it and they think they've learnt more about something whether its right or wrong information, they dont query their sources just watch and get brainwashed with wrong information sometimes (harsh term for it but tis true sometimes).

As for being 'judgemental' and the like; I'll honestly admit I 'judge', I believe all people 'judge' others, its a bodily instinct to eye-up, compare and judge one another you cant help it and thats how you base your interactions with individuals. That dosent mean you treat people one way instantly if they look like a strong stereotype, you have to watch & interact with a person before you can fully judge their personality, not try and depict it from the editor's-choice.

Cairodel

Nomad
Nov 15, 2004
Cairo, Egypt.
Maybe I'm prejudging the program without seeing it, but most of my pre-judging of other TV shows is pretty accurate. :rolleyes:

I (and I suspect most people from BCUK) would make boring viewing for the mass TV market because:

• we'd show a genuine interest
  • we might get tired and irritable but we wouldn't whinge
  • we'd show respect for the Iban
  • we'd probably rather live the Iban's lifestyle than the consumer orientated, stressful lifestyle that some of us live
  • we wouldn't just be there for our 5 minutes of fame on the TV
  • the audience wouldn't laugh at us in our misery, because we wouldn't be in misery
  • ad infinitum...

Geoff (perhaps starting to gain a reputation as another Grumpy Old Man)

Just spent two weeks with these guys, and must agree with Geoff....:You_Rock_
maybe I'm becoming another "Grumpy Old Man"... but I don't think so....:nana:

DSC00022.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

BMFHL

Feb 9, 2007
Dublin
The Iban should return to their cannibalistic ways, and eat the fat kids. If they're as big as the blurb suggests, they'd feast for weeks, chomping on all that soft, tender westernised meat.

Yum.

h2o

Settler
Oct 1, 2007
ribble valley
great entertainment,i bet u lot all watch it and slag of the miserable spoiled fat kids.i know i will ,yes its a sad form entertainment watching others miserable but id give my right arm to do what they will be doing ,but theyll just whine and whinge then go back to their mcdonald eating lifestyle and enjoy a life time of benefits and free housing.because theyll get sickness benefit for being fat.If i had my way id leave em there but i suppose that would be cruel to the poor tribesmen forced to put up with them.are there any cannabalistic tribes left maybe we could drop em off there

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
No, they should be sent somewhere where being fat is desirable, give them a chance to rebel.

(says she who would hate the jungle, rather go to a cold place where her fat is advantageous, oh, and eat plenty of rotund sea mammals...)

But seriously, this sort of junk is not worthy of the BBC...we should complain.

(thats `your` job, I have no TV)

A friend of mine tried to get on to the first UK series of ‘the apprentice’.
He was partnered with Tim the eventual winner. They competed in various public speaking and lateral thinking games. After he’d been knocked out he stayed to watch the rest of the day and while chatting to one of the production team was told ‘don’t take it to heart mate, you couldn’t have won. Aussie entrepreneur isn’t one of the characters”

Can fat teens hunts? That depends on which fat teen you choose.

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
Iv just seen this for the first time. I have to say Iv never seen such a weak willed bunch of weiners. Literally puking and complaing all the time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE