Can Anyone Recommend Somewhere to Get My Knife Reground Pls?

Aug 28, 2013
Cornwall
Hiya,

I have had the A.Wright and Sons Bushcraft Knife for several years, and share the same main concern as the fella in this thread:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71522&highlight=wright

In summary, I can't get is as sharp as I should be able to. The consensus on this thread is that regrinding the bevel to make it shallower should resolve the issue. I'm up for trying this as I find the angle too steep at times anyway, and the bevel was not ground evenly when supplied so it would be good to fix this.

I think the knife has potential but it needs work, so please could somebody recommend somewhere to send it to get the work done to a high standard?

Many thanks,

Devonseano.

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
Try contacting Longstrider. He is a member of this forum, and is also over on British Blades if I`m not mistaken. I have never sent my knives his way but I have heard that he reinvented the word 'sharp'. He should be able to sort out your knife.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
What they said above.............that man knows his business, will contact you and talk about what's required then do the job to the highest possible standard; and reasonable charges for skills like that.. First rate!..atb mac

Last edited:

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Just make sure it isn't D2 - he hates D2

well after he put the hair poping edge on my sodbuster anyway :D

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Interesting about the A. wright and sons knife though I have exactly the same one and have no problems with and I actually love it when mine arrived it would slice paper up out of the box and I personally have no problems with the grind on mine but on the other hand I thought the sheath supplied with It wasn't great and the thread seemed to be coming out even when it arrived.

Good luck with getting yours as sharp as you want it :).

Aug 28, 2013
Cornwall
Thanks for the recommendations everyone. The build quality of the knife seems fine to me apart from the grind so if I can just iron that out I'll be happy with it.

The sheath on mine isn't great, looks the biz but the knife falls out very easliy. I'm sure a minor adaptation would stop this if I put my mind to it - or any suggestions welcome again please?

Cheers!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Just get a proper sheath made - dozens of leather workers on here but try Longstrider when you send him the knife - he may be able to fix the sheath otherwise by wet forming it or he can make a new one

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE