Can anyone recomend a Quad ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
I am thinking of changing my bandit for a Quad . I would need one with 4x4 ,lowbox and reverse gear . And preferably a road speed of as close to 70 as i can get. My intention is to use it to ride the greenlanes and byways we have localy .Once i have gained a bit more skill in using it , iwas planing on using it to get the Trouble and Strife to some of Dorsets more remote beauty spots (she use's a wheelchair so wont get there any other way) .

It also strikes me that one would make a good "Emergancy Vehicle" for Bushcraft weekends (if used only for emergancys). as well as the possibilities of "rescue practise" with winch etc .
Well , youve got to be ready right ?

Thought i had better addd , I have lived in the country all my life and am a firm beliver in respecting and preserveing it . I know there is an element of the 4x4 crowd that rip the turf up and ruin whereever they go . This is definately not my style . I would like for my great , great grandchildren to be able to benifit from our countryside as well !
Cheers for any help
Pumbaa

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
keep the bandit and get a small 4x4 -

Suzuki or Lada etc (best bet a zook). Much better for someone with limited mobility and it keeps the rain off (well more or less).

You can get a old but fairly decent Suzuki SJ for the price (or less than) of a good Quad.

And if you going to go Laning join GLASS (Green Lane Assoc), the local rep with point you in the right direction of wher you can and cann't go legal and where to avoid to preserve the lane surfaces.

www.glass-uk.org

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
lots of people drive them around here.. my mate has a honda fourtrak?? nut sure which one but it seems to be on of the better ones..! will carry 4 people on the bull bars etc.. :nono:

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Have a disco for the big stuff , the idea of the quad is to get that bit further , like over chesil beach for a day fishing ! The old girls well up for it ! But then she showed me the way of the 4x4 , i just used my LPC (leather personel carrier).
Cheers for GLASS web address EdS
Pumbaa

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE