Campsites that allow real fires???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
Hi, does anyone know of any good, wooded sites in England that allow camp fires apart from the Bison Farm nr Gillingham?

All I can seem to find on the internet are lots of 'no camp fires allowed' notices and I'm not quite sure where else to look. :?:

Many thanks - Kimberly.

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
Gillingham Kent is exactly the one, very nice there, lots of tractors and landrovers and the farm is bloomin' lovely.

Thanks Womble, will investigate further.

:wave:

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
As far as i kow the New Forest is a total no no when it come to fires. There are a few forestry commision public car park areas that allow BBQs but thats about it. There is a Scout campsite that does allow fires but not being a scout thats not very useful. If anyone knows of any spots within the forest i would be grateful for the heads up.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Gary said:
Debden Green

Gary, what's the price for a pitch at Debden Green? Is it busy during the holidays or at weekends?

Can you have fires all over the site or in a specific area?

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
Or how about using an empty BBQ tray raised on bricks/stones/green logs a few inches (so as not to burn the ground) and light a fire on that?
Obviously in places that allow BBQs in the first place, just an idea as ive not tried it :roll:

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Paganwolf said:
what about any wooded campsites in the new forest, anyone been to any :?: slightly off topic but sort of hand in hand, (Kim wont mind :wink: )

Yeah I've been to one. They were very strict about not burning wood and even patrolled. It's not just open fires they don't like but putting wood on the bbq!
It does make sense though as the huge amount of people going there could probably strip the forest in one night! :shock:

den

Nomad
Jun 13, 2004
Bristol
If you are camping Nr Exmoor i would recommend Pool Bridge camp site on the Horner valley. Allows fires and the farmer is really friendly.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
i have camped in Hollands wood capmsite near brockenhurst a few times have to say nice spot shame about the site. its far too regimented for me. gates locked at 11. leaving you a long walk in the dark back to your pitch. staff patrol regularly to ensure your not breaking the numerous rules. i generally give the new forest a miss these days when i want to camp. Nice for day trips.

As I recall the forestry commision site near Bedgelert was the same. Is it the norm for all their sites?

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
does any one know weather camping and fire lighting is allowed on nation trust land.. by which i mean the south west coast path? i can see from the national trusts site that they consider fires to be a "possible impact" but it is not clear weather they are prhibited.. also it says you may camp in "recognised sites" but i do not know where these are, i know of a place where people camp often and light fires there but i do not know if it is a " recognised site".. little help please!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE