camping sucks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
On the topic of jeans, I've been wearing denim trousers & cotton shirts for the last 30 + years & never had a problem with them, but then I do wear waterproofs if it's raining & gaiters if the vegetation is long & wet. I don't wear clothes in a sleeping bag so no worries about getting chilled with damp clothing. I don't doubt that wearing heavy cotton clothing in the hills may lead to hyperthermia should the wearer get wet but it's more a problem of walkers being unprepared for weather changes when setting out, Common sense has more bearing on the matter than the type of fabric your trousers are made from.

2trapper

Forager
Apr 11, 2011
Italy
On the topic of jeans, I've been wearing denim trousers & cotton shirts for the last 30 + years & never had a problem with them, but then I do wear waterproofs if it's raining & gaiters if the vegetation is long & wet. I don't wear clothes in a sleeping bag so no worries about getting chilled with damp clothing. I don't doubt that wearing heavy cotton clothing in the hills may lead to hyperthermia should the wearer get wet but it's more a problem of walkers being unprepared for weather changes when setting out, Common sense has more bearing on the matter than the type of fabric your trousers are made from.

I was writing the same concept...

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
i use a cheap fiver foam mat for sitting on outside the tent, lay out food prep for dinner, knerling in the canoe, lying on in the sun, putting at the entrance to the tent. But, use a long 18kwid decathlon thermarest copy to sleep on. if im light camping i use a 3/4 length thermarest. it's quite short so needs feet on something.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Camping definitely sucks, so why am I off to Wales next week to stay on a camp site that has been wet and boggy every time I have been there, and to be taking my smallest, meanest tent and all? Somebody please save me from myself :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE