camp- feuer tipi review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wandering1

Nomad
Aug 21, 2014
Staffordshire
imgres

Ok so I said I'd do a quick review
Considering.this.is my first tipi I'm impressed. Even though i paid 80 quid on amazon (from am ex catalogue shop)
The design is simple the seam stitching is pretty good... And the material is pretty strong.aswell

There are however thingsin the tipi that need improving
The guy lines run from the cap down the side of the tipi through a small loop about 18 inchesfrom the ground
As I've noticed if its a fairly wet/ windy day the tents lower loop starts to ride up the guy line and pulls the ground sheets pegs out
So what I've now done. Is bypass the lower loop and run the line directly to the ground. And run a second line from the loop to the pegs secondly the pegs that are supplied are pathetically short So those got switched
The third thing I found was the air vents are relatively low to the ground so if like mine was you choose to pitchup between a few trees try to keep the vents as low as possible (and not half way up a tree root like mine were) as the lower part sags and becomes a swimmin pool however it does attest to fact the tipi is waterproof....
Now. All I need is to fit a flue jacket so I can use my wood burner
Overall its well worth 80 quid and if one can't afford the the 600 quid bergan lavvu it makes a good alternative
(note they also do a version with a porch for an extra 40 quid....

Last edited:

nunzionuk

box4.jpg

That one?

Technical data:

• Dimensions: Approx (L) 365 cm x (W) 365 x (H) 250 cm
  • Pack size: 60 x 20 cm
  • Weight: 6.9 kg
  • Color: Brown / Tan
  • Material: 210T polyester PU coated
    floor made ​​of PE film
  • Hydrostatic head: 3000 mm

Product Information:
  • taped sealed seams / stitching
  • resistant tent floor inside
  • stable tent pole (steel rod)
  • Windows and vents, mosquito nets
  • This tent features over conventional tents
    by the comfortable standing height from
  • very easy assembly:
    set up and wind down only tent pole / tent

tipi_braun_campingzelt_bild4_2.jpg

tipi_braun_campingzelt_bild5_2.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE