Camp bed? Reccommendation?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

paulnb57

Nov 18, 2007
Isle of Wight
Folks,

We are going to dig the big tent out this summer and are frankly not keen on sleeping on the ground, so are looking for a reccommendation for a reasonably decent pair of single folding camp beds, for a bit of luxury glamping.......

Paul

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Might be a tad much, but after considerations for car camping and when doing event work, I went for a carp fishing bedchair. I can't express HOW comfy these are over multiple nights. I had a mega deal of a lifetime with mine on price but even at full price I wouldn't say no after having one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
Make sure you are insulating under the mattress as that's a big patch of cold air under you.
My wife has a Coleman camp bed that has a built in air mattress and whilst she finds it really comfy she does get cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
I've an old issue camp bed from the 60's, I got it from an ex RAF guy at a car boot sale. He 'forgot' to return it to stores when he left the mob in the 80's! Anyway it's really comfortable to sleep on and would be my recommendation. I sleep on camp beds a fair bit and its been a great bit of kit. It also rolls up so takes up less room then the folding ally Chinese jobbies. You'll probably still want a mat for insulation though.

This is the sort of thing: http://www.action-station.co.uk/har...-bags-camp-beds-bashas/showitem-CAMP-BED.aspx

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Might be a tad much, but after considerations for car camping and when doing event work, I went for a carp fishing bedchair. I can't express HOW comfy these are over multiple nights. I had a mega deal of a lifetime with mine on price but even at full price I wouldn't say no after having one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thats what I would choose every time. Had my bedchair 10 yrs and still mega comfy.

fellows

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2015
Dorset
Canvas Safari bed. Rolls down to roughly 70x20 fits in a army duffle bag with tarp, wool blankets and brew kit...ideal

Sent from my GT-S5690 using Tapatalk 2

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Double blowup airbed. Underneath place some cheap foam mats. On top a thin double sleeping bag, then over that a fitted double bed sheet to hold the sleeping bag in place. On top of that a double quilt :) might as well do it properly if car camping.

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
+1 to carp bed chairs, they tend to be larger than traditional camp beds for those who like to (or already have) spread out a bit and can adjust to uneven, sloping ground. I have this one

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Bob; that's exactly the same as mine. They're bloody good I think! Only wish it folded up smaller but hey, it's comfy and warm for car camping! Have you swapped out the pillow? I put some memory foam in mine instead and it's made a huge difference to my noggin when sleeping

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Avoid the British issue one if you can, the leg design makes it easy to roll over during the night. The american one is much better and if you can get one cheaply one of the issue stretchers (the 4 piece) can be used as a bed and also to move kit about camp. it can have the same issue of not being that steady however.

Tonyuk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE