Camo Hunt

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
OK, I know there are a few airsofters on this forum, and the occasional camophile (like me).
I am after a pair of camo trousers. The cam itself seems to have gone by a variety of names - frog & leaf and lime ERDL seem to be the most common. It was the camo pattern used in the late 60's/early 70's and was the predecessor of the M81 US Woodland pattern.
Here's a link to it:
http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/00053.php

Anyone know where I can get a pair in the UK? Don't have to be originals (probably best not anyway, they'd be years old and in a ropey condition) - copies will do. But must be in cotton ripstop. I've had a look and can't find any (mainly due to the difficulty in knowing what name it goes by). I know it's available as a reproduction because I saw some re-enactors in it a while back.
Any help gratefully appreciated.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
I used to own a US M65 jacket in Tigerstripe, and I once walked passed a bloke wearing a M65 in lime ERDL, we both did a double take! (mine was fake though:eek:)
Soldier of fortune
http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/reenactors/index.asp
are selling these, Pricey though the Jacket is £99(replica), and the trousers £89(used)!:

K12366CH.jpg

and this:
AC368.jpg

hope that helps! ;)

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi, I was just thinking if price is an issue, another idea perhaps,

you can get fake camo quite easily from markets ect I used to have a pair of trousers that were such a poor copy of "US woodland" looked quite like the brown version of ERDL.

how about getting a pair (+ shirt) washing them a few times to get the "worn" look then dyeing them with a lime green dye.

i had a US BUD top once that I dyed brown (very badly) the camo was still functional and the colours still visible but the sand colour was more brown.

might be worth a shot and quite a cheap option!;)

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
That's a very good idea.
I had a friend who had some 'urban' camo (an absolutely dreadful 'camo' pattern) and he dyed them brown. Came out really well.
Mmm, I like that idea.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:dunno:careful, it seems a bit cheap for a real one,

this one is cheaper than copied modern jackets!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE