Camo clothing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Itzal

Nomad
Mar 3, 2010
N Yorks
Recently been working in some remote areas and noticed that lots of rural folk seem to be wearing British camo clothing (DPM). I was wondering if bushcraft people tended to wear camouflage or prefared green drab clothing.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
This has been covered in length before, think the consensus was that people preferred green drab/natural colours but army surplus was cheap and rugged, but often DPM

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Recently been working in some remote areas and noticed that lots of rural folk seem to be wearing British camo clothing (DPM). I was wondering if bushcraft people tended to wear camouflage or prefared green drab clothing.

People like rural types wear clothing that does the job, works, but many bushcrafter types are hung up about cammo and choose going the green or brown route, so take you pick. Nothing wrong with cammo whether ex army or civvie and the animals don't care either way. The green/brown is more a fashion statement than anything else; why spend £20 on a cammo army Gortex when you can spend £250 on a jacket from Sweden et al;) Your money, buy what you like.

Last edited:

Itzal

Nomad
Mar 3, 2010
N Yorks
Well with the change of uniform for the military there will be large amounts of old DPM floating about so I guess it may be a cheap alternative soon.

I have loads of old military kit but I'm reluctant to wear it, suppose it's just a choice. Up north it seems really popular, less so down places like Norfolk.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I bought a realtree deer hunter jacket and trouser set for air-gunning as it was one of the quietest materials I saw. I would prefer to wander around on my forays with just drab non-camo colours as camo in whatever style can make others uneasy.

I almost bought several white-tail deer brain tanned hides a while ago from the US with the intention of knocking up a jacket and trouser set. Now that would have been different!!

Steve.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE