camera traps

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

amott69

Forager
Nov 14, 2005
Kidlington, Oxfordshire
Does anyone use camera traps and have you had any luck with them I've been useing a stealth cam for last couple of years with little success due to the camera not waking up quick enough

Raz

Nomad
Sep 3, 2003
all over
I currently run 50 Reconyx RC55 cameras here in Panama, they are excellent. Instant and continous capturing, we bought them because they capture immediately where as for most others you have to bait it as the cameras very slow. I.R. too and one of the few that can (just about) cope with heavy rain.

amott69

Forager
Nov 14, 2005
Kidlington, Oxfordshire
Thats a very pricey camera and the problem with that is where i'm placeing the camera there is a good chance of theft. May be the answer is to bait them then. Do you use any other camera's, or used others in the past.

Raz

Nomad
Sep 3, 2003
all over
Heres some footage from the camera: http://www.youtube.com/user/bcicameratraps
I have used others, and so have many others here, but this is the only one that stands up to the elements and producers images of animals without 1.Baiting and 2.Them knowing (no flash)
If i place cameras on trails (we get the odd tourist here) I use a cablelock.

amott69

Forager
Nov 14, 2005
Kidlington, Oxfordshire
I think looking at some of the footage on you tube, has made my mind up. If i don't have anything on my camera its going in the bin and I'll be investing in a new one as soon as i can afford one. I know i've put the camera in the right place as i saw six fallow deer come down the trail as i was setting the camera up, and it's covering a hole in a fence, which is one of only entry two points into there resting area.So it's not me honest......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE