Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
A great day had out in Cambridgeshire:

11297679683_091f0ce979.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
I have been after these for ages. Not been to the woods I often go to where they are very prevalent. This Horses Hoof fungus is a lovely shape. There were more on the tree that were massive. I am used to seeing them on birch about this size but I think on rotten oak they grow much, much bigger. It smells amazing. Like the strongest mushroom soup possible. I would eat it if I could!

11297585365_710a609abb.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
I think this is Honey fungus off the top of my head. I haven't have a loot at my books yet. They were very perky and fresh as could be. I didn't touch, lest I end up dead!

11297589245_ea09b9873d.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
Better out than in! Who said something about the outdoors refreshing the soul? Glorious sunshine basking our day out.

11297690023_2f3ba95bd0.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
My new toy working perfectly. Frontier stove to go in the lavvu shortly. A field test before trying it out in the tent. I had worries that trying it first time and in the tent would end in disaster. I am a big fan of trying out gear in perfect settings before taking it out for the real deal. Practicing at home or in ideal settings, gives more confidence! You can see my friends are impressed. They are surrounding it like cavemen and fire do!

11297693803_55f7f2b639.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
Bushcraft is hungry work. That's about £20 worth of meat! Cooking up nicely for friends. I take care of them! My food cost about £3. But it was korn 1/4lb burgers. The veggie stuff. I may not eat meat but my mouth was watering looking at that! I used to bring a whole BBQ set out with coals. That is really unnecessary unless you want the extra exercise. There is plenty of hardwoods here to make nice coals.

We stoked the fire up, told stories chatted and laughed long into the evening. The fire was snuggly and warm making me very sleeply. I could've happily slept in the woods. I would've just needed a blanket and kept the fire going through the night. We heard an upset Muntjack barking and a little rustling but there wasn't much else about. It was warm, windy and very bright with the moon out.

There is something magical about being outdoors with a fire at night. Very comforting, homely and relaxing. It feels like we should be there, connecting with nature.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE