Calling all 10cm zebra billy owners

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GoatBoy666

Tenderfoot
Jul 27, 2005
West London
Have been using one of these for over a year now...

http://www.trailstove.com/details.html

have been impressed with the stoves performance, apart from the height which makes it a little bit unsteady with some cook sets and large amounts of water. Oh and the bellows tube needs some heat shielding.:cussing:

But saw this site recently and it gots me thinking :banghead:

http://www.traildesigns.com/products01.html

I saw the caldera stove system, I liked the way it showed the pot sitting below the top of windshield (within the cone). (thinking thinking) :banghead:

Any way to my question, the top of the trail stove is 10cm O/dia with the material about 16 g approx 1mm. So I am looking for a billy thats has a smaller O/dia than 9.8 mm.

I know zebra billies are rarer the rocking horse doo doo, this side of the pond but I have friends in US coming over this Dec for xmas so could make a perfect gift for me:D

If the 10cm Dia billy is only that at the rim and slightly less say at the bottom, I might be sorted, can easily drill holes for tent peg pot holder (ala caldera stove system pics).

Comments much appreciated.

Goat

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales

oops56

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 14, 2005
proctor vt.
All you bushcrafter across the pond if you just put the light on:rolleyes: Just take and cut a little off the top of the caldera so the billy can will fit its not that much and it wont hurt the stove.;)

GoatBoy666

Tenderfoot
Jul 27, 2005
West London
Thanks for the responses guys.

The alpkit mug looks perfect, thanks skanker good find, now can I be patient enough to wait for the restock:rolleyes:

As for the cutting down of the stove, it had crossed my mind oops56, eventually:D

Kinda decided to do it as a last result, but your right it wouldnt hurt the trailstove, any.

The things pretty bombproof, certainly able to handle 10mm off the top.

Goat

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Hobo stoves seem to be really taking off at the minute. That may be something to do with the fact that it costs a fortune to fill the bottle up with petrol in the UK due to the rising fuel costs! (Well, 50p or so!) I like them because there is always a downed branch that can be split with my hatchet and burned for a quick brew. Plus, it is quiet and the smoke smell just does it for me!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE