WTB 10cm Zebra billy! :banghead:

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Does anybody out there know of any UK retailers with stock of the Zebra 10cm billy?

I know Woodlore have the 12cm but have set my heart on a 10cm so that I can make a nesting hobo stove!

Simon

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Get the 12cm and get a 13cm s/s biscuit barrel from Morrisons. That's what i've done mate and you have 'Nesting Hobo stove PLUS'! Big enough to cook boil in the bag meals as well as your brew!

W

WOKKA

Hi Simon, sorry don't know where to get 10cm zebra. If your interested,i have a 10cm s/s morrisons can,complete with lid. you could turn this into a zebra clone. i have a poundland s/s coffee tin that the other nestles in snugly. make a nice hobo stove. you can have them at cost £5 plus p+p if interested. i bought a few of these and never got round to converting them. cheers WOKKA.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Get the 12cm and get a 13cm s/s biscuit barrel from Morrisons. That's what i've done mate and you have 'Nesting Hobo stove PLUS'! Big enough to cook boil in the bag meals as well as your brew!

I took the plunge today - ordered 12cm from Woodlore and bought the biccie barrel from Morrisons.

I have made all the cuts and the stove body is ready. I have drilled holes for the pan support skewers at 2 heights, high for burning wood etc and lower for with my coke can stove.

Just need the Zebra billy now and I'm sorted - Thanks for the advice!

EDIT - have just had a root through all my old stoves and pans etc and found a set of Camping Gaz pans that will do until the Zebra arrives.

Below is picture of first trial with coke can stove - skewers at lower setting.

DSC00379.jpg

Simon

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
You may want to cut a few slots in the rim for the lugs of the bail arm when your billy turns up, but the downside to doing this is that the stove slightly distorts and tends to grip the billy when stowed. The upside to this though is that you can carry the lot with the bail arm from your billy and the stove doesn't drop off! Food for thought.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE