C##P Silva Lighters & Service

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
i have a Silva Helios and it just about works fine (second click) never delt with there CS?

send it back to the MD or FD with a letter exp. that you are really unhappy blah blah...

£5 says they will sort it! no, you shouldn't have to but this is the world we live in!

"never delt with there CS?

send it back to the MD or FD with a letter exp. that you are really unhappy "

Plain English please. :rolleyes:

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
"never delt with there CS?

send it back to the MD or FD with a letter exp. that you are really unhappy "

Plain English please. :rolleyes:

English: post it to the bloke in charge with a letter about how you're very unhappy, are a member of several outdoor groups who will hear about the poor manufacturing quality etc.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
English: post it to the bloke in charge with a letter about how you're very unhappy, are a member of several outdoor groups who will hear about the poor manufacturing quality etc.

Etcetera is latin. Riks from Birmingham living in Wales. It has to be loud and slow.:lmao:

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Have to agree with Dougster and Rik on this one.

I'd got two Silva Helios Storm lighters, and after posting on another BCUK thread that I'd never had a problem...... I had a problem!
sad0068.gif

I checked everything on the lighter, including dismantling the awful,
mickeymouse.gif
mechanism, cleaning and reinstating, and it then worked.

Twice!

Got a couple of Turbo-Flame (Turbo-Lame) lighters from Camelot Outdoor Supplies
character0240.gif
which had caps held on by gravity, this explained the attached chains!

Still trying, and failing to obtain a full refund From Camelot for these! Bad Camelot!
sign0195.gif

I now use Cricket and Bic disposables, each of which is built to a better standard than the Silva or Turbo-Lame!
happy0034.gif

Bryant and May match books (I've a few hundred of 'em) are more useful than the 'outdoor' lighters..... Expensive lessons learned!

EDIT: I was referring to Turbo-Flame lighters (I called 'em jet flame. Corrected now. This type:

turbo.jpg

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I've got a couple of cheap turbo lighters from dealextreme which still work but to be honest I don't trust any of this type of lighter. IMHO your better off packing a couple of cheap bic type lighters.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I have one of these and have carried it in my pocket daily for a couple of years now I reccon.

It's never let me down (que failure tomorrow I know! :eek:) and apart from the lid not really opening up enough (the larger model is better mind you) it's a great little lighter

is nice to 'fidget' with as well (much to swmbo's annoyance :lmao:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE