Bye bye Hexi

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
If you've got any hexi cookers keep hold of them as the army is changing the cookers and the fuel used in them in.

Nice thing is that the contract to supply it has gone to a UK based company, BCB International Ltd.

Details here

hughlle1

Nomad
Nov 4, 2015
London
Haha. One moment i'm being told to bin it as it is junk, now i'm being told to keep hold of it because they're going out of rotation. Which one is it :D (personally i kept it anyway because junk as it may be, they still work, even if it does take a while longer. If they got me through 10 tors then they can get me through a night in the woods)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
If someone can show me a stove and fuel combo that the same price and size I'd love to see it!

hughlle1

Nomad
Nov 4, 2015
London
If someone can show me a stove and fuel combo that the same price and size I'd love to see it!

Exactly. Or course a fancy butane stove is better, but they're a lot of money, and take up a lot more space. Just considering money, the argument often given could be used to say why do you use a Bic lighter isntead of a zippo. Because there is a time and place for everything :)

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I have bizarrely fond memories of hexi cookers, i ran away from home for 2 weeks when i was 13 and lived on tinned food i got from pals and shoplifted that i cooked on a hexi cooker, spent the 2 weeks sleeping in dry docked coble fishing boats where each night i cooked a tin of food on my hexi cooker, i know bonkers but i did say they were bizarre memories, i am sure if i smelt the fuel blocks now i'd get a flood of long forgotten memories of that time period

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE