buying army surplus kit

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
OK - first off - I have no connection with the company etc...
On Monday I ordered a Vulcan Rucksack and a bivvi bag from Endicotts Army Surplus.
Today - Wednesday - they arrived.
The condition of the gear is excellent, the price very competative and the service second to none.
I do not often buy "sight unseen" from anywhere, but I will have every confidence buying from Endicotts in the future!
Any military surplus type buying I do in future will start on the Endicotts website!
Well impressed!

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Looks like quite a decent site, but its a petty they have virtually nothing priced up!
Which means you have to call them.:rolleyes:

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
Looks like quite a decent site, but its a petty they have virtually nothing priced up!

Bit of a pain initally but at least you can do a stock check at the same time! Thats my pet hate - on website with price but no stock!

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
I did the same thing John, very pleased (posted in general discussion about how happy I was). Mine had a few minor repairs although still excellent nick and with plenty of life left. The only item I needed to return was one of the side pouches but again, they've accepted that without issue and a replacement will be sent asap. For £60 you can't go wrong.

They also threw in a bunch of stuff I never asked for, they may not be able to do this all the time but it's nice to come across a store that does that whenever it can (it's a great way to keep customers happy!). I'd 100% use them again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. The staff are friendly and helpful too.

EDIT- take a look at the green dutch base layers, half wool-half cotton mix and really really long, I like to be able to keep my back covered and these'll do that job in spades.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
If you left click on either the photo or description you'll go to a separate page - this page contains further details and ,more importantly, the price for the item clicked on.

Hope this helps.

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!

The website is an ongoing thing - I think they're working towards online shopping later in the year. I would think putting prices up would be tricky with surplus kit as the price varies, depending on condition :dunno:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
They are stunning. I used to live in Exeter and they were great to visit. I "outgrew" my green wool, officers greatcoat though :(. Mind you it was in the 70s I bought it :eek: Bet its still keeping someone warm though!

I recently put a couple of US guys onto them from Brit surplus stuff and they spoke to Kevin (Endicott) who couldn't have been more helpful and air mailed the stuff to them at cost.

Thats a proper shop! (pronounce prarrper shahp)

Red

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
I'd not heard of them before, but just been to have a look see and they are giving a shout out to BCUK and the positive feedback, so that's nice

Looks like a good site as well.

P

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
excellent site - wish i lived nearer to exeter so i could have a root in person!
Proper surplus store too - smells nice - like an old hardware store (or it did in my day). Used to have great piles of truly weird gear to root through in the 70s :D

Heaven

Red

WilS

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 3, 2008
North Wales
Nice thread, Mr fenna. I'm delighted to be on a forum where people can say nice things instead of whinging. I think I'm gonna like it here. :)

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I got some stuff from them today too, very good service.

I wish they would itemise the bill though.

they do take paypal

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
Just rang up and ordered three of the dutch wollen tops and a M65 Jacket.

Kevin was helpful, informed and seemed like top bloke.

Good prices as well!

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
I buy from them when I can. Kevin is a great bloke. Knows his stuff and the store are very good/accurate with how they grade things. I have bought several things from there lately and have been really pleased with the service and the price. Maybe we should look at asking about some member offers?:rolleyes:

p.s. the dutch half wool tops are fantastic quality for the price. Like I said in a previous post. Poor Man's Ullfrotte!

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I have used them and Kevin is particularly helpful
I didnt phone but e mail was used
Ultra fast delivery and top quality gear
Its that kind of service that makes you go back again
some kind of discount would be fantastic for BCUK members
I wonder if we should just ask?
What do others think

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE