Busy Saturday!!

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
OOF! Didn't have much planned today, youngest daughter came to stay, and i foolishly suggested some things to keep them busy, Kaya wanted to make a hobo stove so i gave him an ikea sink drainer, a hacksaw blade, two tent pegs, a pair of pliers and sent him off to the shed, no tuition or help whatsoever! The reason for the hammer is, he is not allowed unsupervised axe.

Next Eran, said i want to cook a curry! Oh my word up the shops for the ingredients, fortunately mum was on hand for deboning the chicken etc, but boy was he hands on!

Then Katie, announced she would do pudding! Chocolate brownies, well it's been hectic inside and out, but great fun.

Thanks for looking.

Ivan...

Busy Saturday! 001.jpg Busy Saturday! 002.jpg

Busy Saturday! 003.jpg Busy Saturday! 004.jpg

Busy Saturday! 005.jpg Busy Saturday! 006.jpg

Busy Saturday! 007.jpg Busy Saturday! 008.jpg

Busy Saturday! 009.jpg Busy Saturday! 010.jpg

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Looks like a great day ,busy days are always good days ,so how did the curry and the brownies turn out
Ps hobo stove looks its going to do the job a treat

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Thanks chaps, really good day, hobo stove has his own spin of a retractable door! We learn by our experiences, think that might be dispensed with, but more pics later of it in action as he has been foraging twigs of the correct length all afternoon!

The curry is currently, marinating, the brownies smell delicious as they have just come out of the oven and are cooling!

Live update on this as it happens!

Now i have been posed the question, "Can we eat and camp in the garden? Please...."

Yeah why not, better than Strictly come x factor talent soap nonsense!

I will include a weather and celebrity news update later..

Ivan...

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Busy day, nice having everyone around and busy sometimes, you'll be cream crackered just watching! Plus it's all worthwhile stuff, bonus.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Last post! Curry was great lots of faffing but worth it, brownies good too, boys stove worked, thank goodness and caramelised some donuts, pouring with rain now, not so sure they are so keen to camp, after erecting tent etc, still it don't matter.

Great day, i have done nothing but am knackered!

Ivan...

Didn't check pics either.

Busy Saturday 2 001.jpg Busy Saturday 2 002.jpg Busy Saturday 2 003.jpg

Busy Saturday 2 004.jpg Busy Saturday 2 005.jpg Busy Saturday 2 006.jpg

Busy Saturday 2 007.jpg Busy Saturday 2 008.jpg Busy Saturday 2 009.jpg

Busy Saturday 2 010.jpg Busy Saturday 2 011.jpg Busy Saturday 2 012.jpg

Busy Saturday 2 013.jpg Busy Saturday 2 014.jpg

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Sounds like a great fun packed day that's yet to finish,

Pictures are great. What was your son burning in his stove... that second to last picture of it looks like a flame thrower :D

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Sounds like a great fun packed day that's yet to finish,

Pictures are great. What was your son burning in his stove... that second to last picture of it looks like a flame thrower :D

We did cheat a bit, it was some of my finest fatwood, GRR! But i could not see him down after trying his best in the pouring rain with what i had told him would work, he has blisters from the hacksaw blade work and emery cloth to make the edges safe, and once it was going like a good un he shouted "Quick take a photo"

It took him all afternoon with no help or input, patience he has in abundance.

Ivan...

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
We did cheat a bit, it was some of my finest fatwood, GRR! But i could not see him down after trying his best in the pouring rain with what i had told him would work, he has blisters from the hacksaw blade work and emery cloth to make the edges safe, and once it was going like a good un he shouted "Quick take a photo"

It took him all afternoon with no help or input, patience he has in abundance.

Ivan...

Good to see in the lad though Ivan, you must be proud? I would be. (Plus it'll stop him nicking your kit!):)

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
yo...looks like a perfect day to me dude....and a very tasty one too!

not sure if you know this but my middle name is 'chocolatefudgebrownie'....now pm'ing you my postal address!

lol...

s

(ps.....admit it....rays the best)

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Morning! Really last post, but it had to be done, more fun and merriment then time for the hardened campers to turn in! Look what i found in the lounge this morning!!

Ivan...

Sleeping Babes 003.jpg Sleeping Babes 005.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Morning! Really last post, but it had to be done, more fun and merriment then time for the hardened campers to turn in! Look what i found in the lounge this morning!!

Ivan...

View attachment 24879 View attachment 24880

The perfect setting for a surprise awakening jolt with a wooden spoon and a big biscuit tin:eek: (I'd make a rotten father!) Sounds like a great weekend Ivan, they're lucky having a Dad like yourself.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
looks like you all had a great day ivan lets see what we can do next weekend I'm excited regards dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE