Bushmoot 2012 road trip gather help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gailainne

Life Member
I've decided that rather than travelling down to the Moot by plane (as I've done in the past), I'm going to drive, means I can bring more stuff :eek:, but more importantly it means I can take stuff back, (always a problem with the pesky airline limits).

So the reason for this thread, there's two things I'd like to stock up on while I have transport so far South;

1. Pyrite nodules, not that I'm going to rob an area or anything, I would just like a few nodules that I personally walked along a beach and picked up for use with my primitive fire starting set. I'm pretty well set with that one, I'm starting out on the Friday afternoon, so I plan on ending up on the Jurassic coast, Sat-Sun, somewhere around Lyme-Regis, Charmouth, from what I have read there should be no problem finding a few likely nodules. Unless someone tells me different?
  2. Flint, more problematic, I'd like to take a good few decent sized nodules back home with me, but I'm not having much luck finding somewhere along my route where I can gather them, the route is basically the M6 followed by the M5. More than happy to deviate, maybe not as far as Norfolk tho :rolleyes:.
I'd appreciate any thoughts or help with gathering some flint, pyrite as well if someone has a better suggestion than my existing plan.

Cheers

Stephen

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I've a feeling there's going to be flint knapping going on at the moot Stephen so you ought to be able to pick up a couple nodules if you ask nicely :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE