Bushman Graduate

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Ah i have it sorted now and i've sent the money. Should have it by saturday.

YIPPE! :eek:):

Young Bushman said:
Here is some pictures of the finished product he sent me

2222.jpg

What's the steel???

leon-1

Young Bushman said:
I have ordered a new knife, it is the Bushman Graduate by Paul Baker. It is in 01 toolsteel with black dyed ash handle with hidden tang. It comes with a leather sheath with a loop for a firesteel. Paul tells me that I could have it as early as saturday, I'm well excited :eek:):

:wink: :wave:

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
It arrived this morning, it is really wet here at the moment so i will probably get round to some testing and reviewing ssometime tommorrow.

Here are some pictures as promised:
100_0877.jpg

Comparisons with a mora:
82e80334.jpg

518ec1cb.jpg

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
looks good scott but aint it in the sheath the wrong way around lol :wave:

LOL yeah but I'm left handed and prefer it that way

well why didn't you specify a left handed sheath? :shock: :eek:):

i'm left handed too, my experience of fitting knives in sheathes backwards is that they always, eventually, cut through the sheath. i would strongly suggest that you keep it in the sheath the "right" way round. a cut up sheath is one thing, but it could mean a nasty cut for you when the knife comes out of the side of the sheath.

the sheath might seem very secure, personally, i wouldn't bet any of the tendons in my hand, or a major blood vessel on it.

cool looking kit though mate. :super:

cheers, and.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
I've started putting it in the right way now anyway after a conversation with grumit, more inconvenient but atleast i'm not going to slit the sheath like you say. Thanks anyway.
I have been really impressed with it so far and am collecting a few materials to do some testing and reviewing.

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
hi scott have you tried putting it on the inside of your belt backwards on the left the sheath looks as if it would work that way around it would mean your belt would go over the top of it and keep it on even snugger giving you a left hand draw :wave:

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Good idea! Irrelevent to me but i can see the beauty of that idea!

B

bushmanuk

Hello all.

Thanks for the comments..so far.

Scott.
I usually ask if there are any special requirements when placing an order, I seem to have forgot to ask this time. If you would like a left hand sheath, let me know and I will make one up for you, No charge for this. All I ask is you send the old one back when you receive the new one, carry on using it and give it hard time, it will be usefull for assessing its durability.

Paul Baker
BUSHMANUK>
www.bushmanuk.co.uk

george

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
N.W. Highlands (or in the shed!)
bushmanuk said:
Hello all.

Thanks for the comments..so far.

Scott.
I usually ask if there are any special requirements when placing an order, I seem to have forgot to ask this time. If you would like a left hand sheath, let me know and I will make one up for you, No charge for this. All I ask is you send the old one back when you receive the new one, carry on using it and give it hard time, it will be usefull for assessing its durability.

Paul Baker
BUSHMANUK>
www.bushmanuk.co.uk
Hey well done Paul

Good to see great service.

George

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Ah it's no trouble Paul, the right handed one is great and i have no problems with it now, i put my knife in the correct way now without even thinking about it so theres no inconvenience.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE