Bushie knife "Dolphin" with Black Burl

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

KELindblad

Settler
Jul 20, 2009
Sweden
knives.dreamlandproject.se
***SOLD, many thanks!***

[Blade] 4mm 01 steel (My design), scandi grind and 58-59 RC, lenght ~115mm

[Handle] Stab Black Burl scales, black liner, mosaic pins, lenght ~108mm

[Sheath] Shaft leather, wetformed and dyed black.

[Stand] A black wood stand as in the last picture is included in price! (normal sales price 6 GBP when added in an order, 12 GBP all in when ordered alone)

[Price] 135 GBP including shipping EU and paypal fees.

Thanks for looking!

bb67hand1.jpg

bb67hand2.jpg

bb67hand3.jpg

bb67wsheath1.jpg

bb67wsheath2.jpg

bb67wsheath3.jpg

bb67_3.jpg

Last edited:

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
I can't believe this has not sold straight off. I am not a fan of bushys which tend to look clumpy but this blends the practicality of a bushy with the elegance of a traditional scandi really well. I just can not possibly justify another knife but if I could this would be mine. Bargain price too.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
I seriously would if i could fella...
I really love how there is a slight recurve on the tip of the knife. Must make skinning a breeze

KELindblad

Settler
Jul 20, 2009
Sweden
I seriously would if i could fella...
I really love how there is a slight recurve on the tip of the knife. Must make skinning a breeze

Hi Jaysurfer!

I am glad you noticed that recurve detail, as a matter of fact that is the whole idea behind this design, and also why the blade got the name "Dolphin"!
And as it is Sharp, I too belive it would do most jobs with ease.

Cheers,
Karl-Erik

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
but from what i can see, the mountain Ash "dolphin" doesn't have the recurve, so can you tell me how they are both called "Dolphin" ?

thank you for any clarification on this

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
but from what i can see, the mountain Ash "dolphin" doesn't have the recurve, so can you tell me how they are both called "Dolphin" ?

thank you for any clarification on this

Looks like an identical blade to me.

nr66galleri.jpg

The recurve was part of the design I liked, it somehow makes it a sweeter line down the back and makes it look lighter. But also it gives a finer point, a 4mm bushy can be a bit of a crowbar and the recurve gives a bit of the blade that would be capable of finer work, cutting inside concave areas etc.

KELindblad

Settler
Jul 20, 2009
Sweden
Hi!

For clarification:
I have designed 2 different types of Bushieblades, one is named Shark and the other is named Dolphin. They are different both in the handle part and the blade. I post 2 images below so you can compare them. The Dolphin has a slight recurve on the spine near the tip, the Shark spine is more straight down towards the tip.

This is the Shark

nr65delar2.jpg

And the dolphin

nr64dolphineview.jpg

Both together, Shark at the left, Dolphin at the right:

compare2.jpg

compare1.jpg

I hoped this helped, sorry for the confusion!

Cheers,
Karl-Erik

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE