Bushcrafty related fundraising ideas anyone?

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Long story short; Two very good friends of mine recently had a beautiful baby son born to them who has Cystic Fibrosis.

As I have had personal experience in my family too of CF, I want to do some fundraising for the foundation in his name.
What I need are any idea's at all of ways of fundraising through sponsorship or otherwise that could be bushy related?

Any and all idea's, however whacky will be gratefully received.

Richie

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
easy peasy:

longest bushcraft beard....followed by sponsored shave or if you're feeling really mean: wax
most paracord bracelets in a minute (£1 a guess)
custom dog-tags (£3 a pop (or at least enough to cover the cost of the materials, anything else is bonus)
any form of carvings/whittles and sell for a price
wood branding (you could do keyrings or what-have-you)
Bush(craft)tucker, simple meals cooked on a hobo-stove or done via backwoods cooking (instead of BBQ or similar)

If you can rig a hammock so that it collapses if a target is hit, put a pool of water beneath it and "Bathe the Bushcrafter"

probably think of more in a bit

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
I'll be up for donating some cash, also if they have any IT need's for the charrity I can help myself or put them in touch with a geekey charity I know that exists to help other charritys.

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Northwich, Cheshire
www.bushcraftdays.com
We do an auction at the Sea Cadets (usually at some sort of dinner) to raise funds. I have to run a charity bushcraft weekend where some kind folk are paying good money to play in the woods. All profits go to new bushcraft kit for the cadets.

I also helped out recently at a fun day charity event for Altzeimers. People made donations to light fires by different methods.

Good luck with it all.

The main thing is to keep it simple; fast but fun.

George

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2008
Dartmoor
Sponsored walk from the North to the South of Dartmoor - wild camp overnight on the way. I'll help you set it up and happily guide a group for the cause :)

But it will mean walking long distances and no hefty kit.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Great stuff guys, keep em coming!

I'm doing the old "Walk up Snowdon" on the 29th but want to find something different.
I'm more than happy to cycle/walk/crawl from Lands End to JOhn O'groats etc but it's been done a million times!

Thanks for the offer Abominable; I'll see what other ideas come forward on here but thanks all for suggestions so far!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE