Bushcrafty Presents?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Did anyone get anything bushcrafty for christmas this year if so what?

I got an Self inflating sleeping matt!! (chuffed to bits with it) also other odds and sods including multiple thermal base layers and a set of GI tin openers also a big bag of magnesium powder to help with fire lighting!

What did you guys get?

Dave

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Only bushcrafty type thing i got was a book...
Jungler Soldier - the true story of Freddy Spencer Chapman

I have not heard of it and i did not ask for it so am interested to see what it is like. Has anyone on here read it before??

J

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Only bushcrafty type thing i got was a book...
Jungler Soldier - the true story of Freddy Spencer Chapman

I have not heard of it and i did not ask for it so am interested to see what it is like. Has anyone on here read it before??

J

A great tale!
Enjoy!

Webtex Crusader cup and cook kit
Viper belt
Viper Modular Medics pouch - Trying to find the ideal pouch for my Security Operatives Trauma course.

Bought my mate a copy of the tracking book by Preben and Bang and got Ray Mears to sign the foreword when he was up in Glasgow

Firelite

Forager
Feb 25, 2010
bedfordshire
The F Spencer Chapman book is a re-telling of his own story which was written years ago. It is an inspirational story, but wasn't as bushcrafty as I'd imagined. Worthwhile read nonetheless.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Not a huge amount but then I don't need much more (well that is what i've been told!) I got a kit to make a basket and today in the sales picked up a copy of Potter's Herbal Cyclopedia :)

Asbo

Aug 30, 2010
Fareham, Hampshire, UK
I got the Crusader cup and the zerbra 10cm cook pot, i also got a fleece liner for my sleeping bag to keep me that extra bit warmer in the winter and the 3x3 dd Tarp and the DC4 Shaping stone so should be good when i get out in the new year.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
I got the Crusader cup and the zerbra 10cm cook pot, i also got a fleece liner for my sleeping bag to keep me that extra bit warmer in the winter and the 3x3 dd Tarp and the DC4 Shaping stone so should be good when i get out in the new year.

jammy so and so lol sounds like your family found your wish list lol

Dave

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
bcddf4ce-f2bf-79e6.jpg
an ax (If you couldn't tell) and a diamond sharpening block. Plus apparently a screw up on the p&p got me a basic mora.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
A berghaus micro fleece and neck warmery thing here. - very happy with it. - everything else was decidedly not bushcrafty.

atb

Andy

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
I also got a small carving set and some diamond files as stocking fillers. these will come in handy for my knife making efforts!! so i thought in that context they would also count as bushcrafty

Dave

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Ooo, I did very well. Got a new headtorch, battery pack and red filter, River Cottage Fungi Book, ceramic whetstone and DIY knife making kit. But best of all SWMBO letting me up into the woods for a couple of days to play.

Good times!

warthog

Nov 24, 2010
dunkeld
A Schott fleece, fully lined and nice to wear. Hatsan 60s air rifle, self inflating lifejacket and plenty of other stuff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE