BushcraftUK mag. - puzzled?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bob

Forager
Sep 11, 2003
Dorset
Can anyone enlighten me as to the current status of the mag.?

I'm sure my subs are up to date but the last issue I received was sent as a pdf last autumn. I've haven't had a paper version, or any later issue since. Is the mag. still in existence?

Unfortunately I have problems accessing parts of the BCUK website (I fell off the world when it was changed last May and have only recently been able to access just the forum again) else I would check myself.

I've also tried to contact Tony via the Members List but no emails can get through that way.

Any help greatly appreciated - thanks.

Bob:)

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
There was an a thread a little while ago.
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27571&page=3

This is what Tony said:
Thanks for your patience.

A lot has gone on behind the scenes of Bushcraft UK and the magazine over the last while, we had some investors come on board which brought about the new site and kept the magazine going. But some mistakes were made and the investors are no longer involved, leaving me to pick up the pieces. Twice over the last few months the site was supposed to close down but to my thinking it needs to stay alive and so I aim to keep it moving forward.

To keep the site going some tough decisions have had to be made, one of which is to put the magazine on hold. All of you know about the debacle with the printer which is still unresolved. I have every intention of resuming the magazine but at the moment it would be to the detriment of the whole site and I think you will agree that it’s better to have all the site and good potential to resume the magazine than to lose it all. We will be sending out a letter to all subscribers of the magazine explaining the situation and will sort things out on an individual basis. If you have queries that need addressing before the letters are sent out please do so by email to magazine@bushcraftuk.com. Please do not create threads on the forums but contact us directly.

The next short while will see some changes on the site as I streamline it and get the issues that some of you are still experiencing fixed. I have put a lot on the line to keep everything going so that we can continue to have a great place for information and knowledge as well as meet and create friendships, a place that many call home. Please be patient over the next while as changes are made and if any of you wish to offer help it will be greatly appreciated in areas such as putting up content, IT skills and the like.

My apologies for this bad news, although keeping the site alive is very good news and I hope that you continue to enjoy Bushcraft UK and all that it’s grown to be over the last 5 years. If anyone needs to contact me please use info@bushcraftuk.com.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I'm still all for a PDF version, if I could do anything to help I gladly would. I could do a backwoods first aid thing, using kit that we would normally have on a trip to splint broken bones or broken necks and the like whilst waiting for the emergency services. It would be more of a this is how you can improvise... type thing other than an actual first aid thing, which I am not qualified to teach.

Anything else that I may be able to share that could be used by others in the outdoors and then could be put into a BcUK PDF for people to peruse whilst the mag gets sortd in the future I would gladly do. I may not know as much as others, but I'd like to try and do my bit.

Bob

Forager
Sep 11, 2003
Dorset
CC - thanks for your post and link; I'm up to speed on this now.

Apologies to Tony for posting another thread on this (I hadn't seen your message). Keep up the good work.

Regards

Bob:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE