Bushcrafting home utensils

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
nice to see something replaced in that way , myself I would not have changed iot unless it needed it...
 
Thanks. Sadly I don't think much about the enviromental effect of this, I just find it way more nice touching wood then plastic!
 
What a great idea!!! A fridge with a wooden handle would not go down easy with my missus, a shoehorn def would on the other hand...
 
A quick simple project, replaced my cleaning mop shaft! I needed the threads from the old shaft for the mop heads to fit so I cut it off. Then fitted it to the birch stick, put some waterresistent glue inside, tried some very bad file works and colored the pipe using a permanent black pen. The tree I cut down for this stick where many times as high. It was growing in a dense spruce forest. This birch is very strong, super slow grown. I'm near 250 pounds and can barrely make it bend when I lean on it against the floor. It has been drying indoors for about 4 years.
 
Made two door knobs for my kitchen cabinets. 2 made, 12 to go... :D don't know how many I can stand doing. Carved from one piece of alder.

6901gj.jpg
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE