bushcrafters 1 nonebelievers 0

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
hiya guys for the last hour my hole estate has been in blackout I.E no power. Now why do i mention this well about twenty minuites in to the blackout me mum says if this persists all day we can use ur uco lanturn to light the loo and the big duel fuel lanturn for the family room and kitchen and i turn round and say yer no worries we will be quite toasty cos those lanturns give of some heat.

now why is this such a big deal well when i baught it two years ago they both went mad saying what the hell do u want one of them for. and a fool is easily parted with his money.

so i now when asked what do u need more kit for well my answer can be so we dont die if the water, gas, or electric goes of and because they know what i mean by that well they cant then have ago. hooooooooooooray

bushcrafters 1 none believers 0 get in there

drew

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:D

When you have kids though they'll be really cheesed off at you. I was the only kid in class who had no excuse not to get my homework done :( Dad ran the Tilley lights when we had power cuts :rolleyes: everyone else was struggling with one or two wee candles set in front of a mirror.

I still love the smell of hot meths and paraffin though :D

cheers,
Mary

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm sure all the people "of a certain age" remember the rolling blackouts of "the winter of discontent". I liked the adventure of the power cuts etc. The "camping gaz" lantern and the picnic stoves. Right then and there I told myself I'd make sure I could cope with the bumps in lifes road. Still enjoy the powercuts too :)

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
yes they are bushwacher as long as u dont use petrol and u use colman feul or paint stripper cos petrol gives of nasty fumes as u well no

Ah right, I got fumed out once when some fool brought a petrol lantern inside the tent I was sharing with 5 others whilst I was asleep. It was lucky that the others came back when they did. I wasn't a happy bunny.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think Drew would make a good Dad :cool:......he'd be the only one with the energy to keep up with the kids though, that's for certain :D

cheers,
Mary

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Very prudent.

Well, I managed to get to college, but its evening class today. so I wont be back untill late.

But my family know not to worry about me as Im fully kitted out

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE