Bushcraft woodland Nr Rochester Kent UK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
I have been working on a chap who I have know for a long time who owns approximatly 50 acres of broadleaf woodland Nr Rochester. With car parking.

He is showing signs of interest in allowing bushcrafters on for weekends and overnighters.

To try and bring this to a happy conclusion I really need to try and establish if there is any interest and what sort of numbers and frequency it would be used. So, if there is any interest please let me know. And we will see what happens.:)

I do think that he would be looking for a small payment per person for its use.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Fab.

I know I can't be very regular though. I'd be looking at ? twice a year as things stand at the moment.

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
Thanks for the heads up on this!

I'd be certainly interested. I can't say how often I'd use it just because I never know what's going from one week to the next but would certainly take advantage of it!

I'm constantly on the look out for somewhere safe where I can take my kids for a night or two out and have a fire!

I'd be happy to pay a pitch.

Put me down as a defo!

Pib

kimbo

Nomad
Feb 21, 2006
Kent
Hi Chopper,

Sounds great, just what I've been looking for!
I would probably want to use the place about once a month during the warmer months (yes, I am a fair weather bushcrafter!)
Kimbo

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
I spoke with the land owner last night and he was saying, that the reason he wants an idea as to useage is that he would need to extend his liability insurance to cover the bushcraft use, and obviously the cost has got to be covered. Makes sence to me.:)

3Please

Forager
Jan 3, 2007
London
HI Chopper
Thanks for the pm.
I would be interest and anything up to once a month, depending on other meets as well.
Any weather any time of year.
cheers

adam

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
Sounds good to me! May not be able to use very often but a new venue is always welcome!!:)

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
It is always nice to have other locations to mooch in :D

I would not want to say I would go regularly, but I would try and get to a meet or two.

It might be worth im getting an idea of what extra cover he would want and the cost (if he has not already sone so). I would suggest that he bases his decision on 28 days of the year, like some other places that allow camping - unless you get a big uptake.

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Chopper any idea what he will let us get up to on the land ie fires, shelters, taking game, whatever??

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
First things first...the whole thing will depend on the amount of use it will get.

I doubt if there will be any problem with fires, camping or shelters etc etc. As for taking game we will have to see, I would think it would depend on the method used, but thats for the future.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
I have'nt forgotten about this chaps.

I have been a bit tied up with mountains of paper work and really not had the chance to see the land owner.

As soon as I have I will post on here.:)

kimbo

Nomad
Feb 21, 2006
Kent
Thanks Chopper,

I must admit I've been checking this thread at lest 3 times a day! haha.

The thought of being able to use some local woods ( I live near Gillingham) is very exciting.

Thanks mate, Hope you catch up on the paperwork!

Kim

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
Hi, Chopper

Sorry for the even later than Mad Mike's reply
I, too, would be very interested but, as seems to be the case with most replies here, frequency of use would be an issue

All the best

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE