Bushcraft UK for young people?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
How about having an extra forum on Bushcraft UK for young people interested in bushcraft like me, to talk and chat amongst their own age group. Run by Young People for young People I'm sure it would attract plenty of scouts or DOEA doers. They can tell their own camping tales, discuss courses and kit , share their knowledge etc etc.

Im 13 and i'd be very interested in seeing this on the site and perhaps I could help you get visitors etc. as i know plenty of people my age who would like to see this kind of thing.

Well think about it anyway :-D

Mar 2, 2004
hi dude, i see where your coming from,and as no-one else has answered you yet id like to say hello .im just a member and have no say in any matters but it seems to me that bushcraft is for all ages and the knowledge aint just for adults.dont be afraid to post in the threads as your point of view is as valid as anyone elses and while its cool to talk with your own agegroup,feel free to share your experiences and points of view with us all.
i think it takes a lot of work to set up a forum and perhaps there are too few youngsters to justify its own forum [ yet ] :wink:

anyway i knoiw its crap when no-one replies so there it is ,enjoy the forum im sure your welcome. :-D

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Well said NB :wink:

Hi Young Bushman and welcome to bcuk, it's good to have you. You were not being ignored, it was a long weekend and I'm playing catch up a bit!

NB made some good points in his post about your views being as valid as anyone else’s, which means you can post anywhere on the forum and be treated as an equal. It's exciting for us to have younger members like yourself here on the forum and I do see where you're coming from on the idea of having a forum area for younger people. It is something we will think about some more. There are quite a few considerations that go along with it so it's not as simple as just putting it up.

Enjoy the site and get stuck in, I'll get back to you :wink:

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Thank you all for your replies. Thank you for your observation NB I see what you mean and I think you're right :-D .

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE